Storekeeper II (AFSCME 698 Bi-Annual Promotional Testing) (102561)
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level are responsible for performing record keeping, issuance, and receipt duties of an increasingly complex nature and work in storerooms of various sizes. These employees work under direction from a designated supervisor.
A Storekeeper II typically -
- Receives, loads/unloads, stores, and issues a variety of general items
- Performs difficult tasks in connection with checking and tallying special and/or technical items of supply
- Handles and stores special stock items requiring special treatment that deviates from established storekeeping methods and that requires knowledge of stock characterized by susceptibility to spontaneous combustion, toxicity, fragility, rapid deterioration, contamination, or ease of physical damage
- Assists with the disposal of the chemical waste generated by instructional labs (e.g., research labs) in approved waste containers that are properly labeled with the contents and quantities of waste, and maintains the safe storage of these containers until the waste pickup is complete
- Mixes or compounds items carried in stock, under the specific direction of an authorized person
- Checks stock against shipping authorizations for agreement as to quantities, descriptions, sizes, conditions, and conformance to purchase orders
- Issues stock as requested on requisitions by checking items against stock levels on hand, suggesting substitutes, noting quantities issued on requisitions, and obtaining appropriate signatures on requisitions
- Reads and interprets data processing forms used for stock and inventory record maintenance
- For non-typical orders, consults operating personnel to ensure compliance with purchase orders
- Maintains records such as purchase order numbers, dates received, and dates issued ST
- Directs/oversees the work activities of store personnel engaged in performing tasks related to the receipt, storage, custody, issue, and shipment of related general items of supply; may supervise assigned personnel; trains lower-level employees (e.g., training in equipment maintenance)
- Conducts cyclic, special, and other inventorying of bin and bulk stock
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working within the Storekeeping promotional line.
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. One (1) year (12 months) of work experience comparable to that performed at the Storekeeper I level of this series or in other positions of comparable responsibility.
For more information about this classification:
Storekeeper II positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $21.21 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Storekeeper II. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from SHR-TESTING@mx.uillinois.edu and firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 7-Service Operations
Title: Storekeeper II (AFSCME 698 Bi-Annual Promotional Testing) (102561)
Open Date: 09/10/2018
Close Date: 09/13/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations