Senior Agricultural Research Technician (AFSCME 698 Bi-Annual Promotional Testing) (102560)
Senior Agricultural Research Technician
Department - To Be Determined
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Responsibilities include assisting management in mid-range operation planning and scheduling that involves production, teaching, research and demonstration at a unit. Employees at this level work under administrative supervision from a unit manager and/or higher-level staff with supervisory appointments.
A Senior Agricultural Research Technician typically -
- Acts as unit operation supervisor, which includes supervising, training, scheduling and assigning/prioritizing work to subordinate staff; overseeing daily inspection of agricultural animals, facilities, equipment, and supplies; assisting in performance evaluations for lower-level staff as requested.
- Performs more advanced technical procedures and operations.
- May have the authority to make purchasing decisions.
- Develops standard operating procedures for unit.
- Develops medium-term and long-range planning for operations and facilities.
- Maintains and assures the daily and/or periodical collection, processing and recording of necessary
- Performs all duties and responsibilities as needed outlined in Levels I and II.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This posting is for current permanent University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign employees who are working within the Agricultural Research Technician promotional line.
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Possession of a valid Illinois vehicle operator's license(s).
3. Two (2) years (24 months) of work experience comparable to that performed at the Agricultural Research Technician II level of this series.
For more information about this classification:
Senior Agricultural Research Technician positions are benefits-eligible civil service positions. Most positions are full-time (40 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $22.24 per hour.
There may not be current vacancies in this classification.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Senior Agricultural Research Technician. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Staff Human Resources
Category: 7-Service Operations
Title: Senior Agricultural Research Technician (AFSCME 698 Bi-Annual Promotional Testing) (102560)
Open Date: 09/10/2018
Close Date: 09/13/2018
Organization Name: Staff Human Resources Operations