* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #749071 - Requisition 14162
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a Marketing Analyst to work at CU Innovations at CU Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; and communication projects management.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The marketing analyst will enhance and implement electronic communications, event websites, print materials, stories and other marketing strategies to increase visibility and targeted outreach for CU Innovation events.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Marketing Analyst. This full-time University Staff (non-classified) position will enhance and implement electronic communications, event websites, print materials, stories and other marketing strategies to increase visibility and targeted outreach for CU Innovation events.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Create new marketing in-take forms for marketing requests/projects
- Track all projects via project management software
- Build event planning checklists
- Create and manage marketing plans and marketing budgets for CU Innovations events
- Design graphics/fliers/collateral materials and ads for SEHD in InDesign
- Create event webpages
- Coordinate with UCOMM and CU System to download select external audience lists into Saleforce
- Draft and send promotional emails in Marketing Cloud
- Execute sponsorship paperwork, approvals and coordination
- Manage CU Innovation website content for event-related activities
- Promote events via internal channels like SEHD Impact and the SEHD's Academic Services e-newsletter
- Coordinate with University Communications to promote events in CU Denver TODAY, attending monthly UCOMM meetings and reaching out to the team as necessary
- Ensure that all event and program communications adhere to the university brand and SEHD messaging.
- Monitor and evaluate electronic media and marketing efforts utilizing effective metrics. Report usage, track traffic, monitor trends and gauge success of strategies, processes and tactics.
- Assist at daytime and evening live events, as necessary.
- Maintain close working relationships with internal teams
Salary and Benefits:
The salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Previous experience with a CRM tool like Salesforce and Marketing Cloud
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite design products like Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- HTML knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience designing with Adobe Creative Suite design products like Photoshop, Illustrator or InDesign
- Project management tracking experience
- Event management experience
Competencies, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, electronically, and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Proven skills using: Photoshop, InDesign, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Facebook/Twitter/Instagram social media tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail and be able to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team setting.
- Experience with constituent and user processing, list processing and reporting.
- Individual must be comfortable working with and learning new technology.
- Experience with troubleshooting issues and recommending solutions.
- Thorough understanding of Microsoft Office and Google products including Word, Excel, Outlook, among others. Comfortable working with and learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of digital/email marketing best practices and building event websites.
- Committed and enthusiastic about the CU Innovations' mission and programs
- Enthusiastic to work with multicultural and diverse populations
- Diplomatic and a good listener
- Creative and adept at planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through; able to balance multiple competing priorities
- A team player; able to work cohesively with others and perform related tasks effectively
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by August 17th, 2018. Those who do not apply by August 31st, 2018 may or may not be considered.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers Please attach: A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications A current CV/resume List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Kristin.Pena@ucdenver.edu
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 21705 - ADM-CHAN Anschutz Tech Transfe
Posting Date: Jul 12, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kristin Pena
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00749071