DBA - Faculty
Job Description Summary
The Tapia College of Business at Saint Leo University is seeking qualified candidates for full-time, tenure track, faculty positions to work with the College's Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program. The position reports to the Director of the DBA program. Tenure track will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
- Collaborate with the Director of the DBA with regards to accreditation activities related to the DBA program (SACS and ACBSP)
- Collaborate internally and with external stakeholders;
- Chair DBA student dissertations and/or serve as member;
- Advise DBA students;
- Teach DBA online, onground, hybrid and residency courses, as assigned;
- Contribute to the ongoing development (e.g., course development) of the DBA academic program as assigned;
- Experience mentoring / counseling / advising doctoral students;
- Direct management experience either in an academic or practical setting;
- Maintain an independent ongoing research agenda;
- Nine (9) month contract with summer teaching possibilities; and
- Perform service to the University, the DBA program, and the discipline.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The minimum requirements are:
- An earned DBA or PhD in business administration or management (or a closely related discipline) from a regionally accredited university or college;
- Twenty-one (21) semester hours of research methods and statistics courses (not including dissertation courses);
- Two to three (2-3) years' experience chairing and/or serving on doctoral committees.
The successful candidate will be based in Saint Leo, Florida, just north of Tampa.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.