Associate Director, User Services
Summary of the Position
Bentley Client Services seeks an Associate Director of User Services to coordinate, maintain and manage the user experience, upgrade cycles and support standards for enterprise applications on campus. This is a critical leadership role as we introduce service management concepts and the development of an IT service catalog for the entire IT organization. As part of service leadership in Client Services, this person will oversee the Helpdesk and Field Services teams. Additionally, this person will serve as the service owner for Office 365, working closely with Microsoft and our VAR to understand service roadmap, Bentley's needs and support the roll out of services to the Bentley community. Additionally, this person will work with IT colleagues to develop support programs within Client Services for other enterprise wide applications.
In addition to the leadership and management aspects of this position, the Associate Director is expected to be engaged with users on a regular basis. This includes, but is not limited to, involvement with IT-related projects that require Client Services support, active and regular engagement with faculty and students related to classroom and academic computing support, and, engagement with students to continually understand their technology needs across campus including the dorms.
KEY TASKS & ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Work closely with the IT leadership team to develop a service catalog and introduce and develop ITIL concepts.
• Develop and introduce measurable service metrics with IT leadership.
• Continue to enhance current Incident and Change processes to effectively support changes and events within the Bentley environment.
• Lead the requirements gathering or new service management system supporting ticketing and asset management.
• Engage, collaborate and communicate with user groups to maintain alignment with support and new application deployment initiatives.
• Engage, collaborate and communicate with Information Security department to support security plans and engagement of the community.
• Monitors end to end O365 Service including roadmap monitoring, change management process for users, data usage, and service alerts
• Responsible for Client Services role major incident response and recovery
• Manages service improvement initiatives
STAKEHOLDER & VENDOR MANAGEMENT
• Work closely with the Director of Client Services to maintain Key User relationships for Client Services
• Work closely with the O365 advisory group to support the ongoing training of O365 features for the community and other user-based applications
• Oversee the management of key license renewals originating within Client Services
• Engage and direct RFP processes with vendors for software licensing, enterprise computer purchases, service enhancements and service changes
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
• 7-10+ years of work experience in managing helpdesk, field and technology support.
• BA or BS degree.
• Experience leading teams in a customer focused technology support role.
• Candidate should be a self-starter and take initiative to problem solve.
• Familiarity with Service Management and ITIL concepts.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of project management.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.