Staff Associate - Academic Advising
Staff Associate - Academic Advising
Position Number: 10043964
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 09/21/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Staff Associate in the Academic Advising Department. The Staff Associate performs administrative and clerical duties to support and assist the Associate Director of Academic Advising and staff in the Dahlonega Academic Advising Center. The Staff Associate serves as the receptionist and initial point of contact for the Center and responds to basic student questions, answers phone calls and emails, and insures advisors are notified when students arrive for appointments. The Staff Associate is also responsible for recording meeting minutes, maintaining inventory and purchasing supplies, training and supervising student workers, documenting travel forms, and other general office duties. This position reports to the Academic Advising Coordinator, Dahlonega.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Staff Associate will:
- Be the front desk receptionist - dealing with students in person, answering phones, notifying advisors of appointments
- Answer emails
- Maintain inventory and purchasing supplies
- Document travel forms
- Train and manage student workers
- Perform other general office duties
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must demonstrate a strong background as a team player
- Must demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision, manage multiple tasks, and prioritize duties
- Must demonstrate a strong background in working with diversity
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three (3) years of clerical or related experience required or an equivalent combination of education and expierience
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office required
- Front desk experience required
- BANNER experience preferred
- Experience with online appointment-booking system preferred; must have a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain exemplary working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administrators
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.