Assistant Athletic Trainer
Position Number 007208
Functional Title Assistant Athletic Trainer
Position Type Staff
The Assistant Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the Assistant Athletic Director for Health and Sports Performance in tending to, scheduling, and supervising the medical needs of the student-athletes within the UNCG Department of Intercollegiate Athletics while adhering to the BOC Standards of Professional Practice.
This individual has a responsibility to oversee the medical needs for all student-athletes but will work primarily with assigned teams. The Athletic Trainer will maintain regular office hours in order to prevent, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate injuries and illnesses of student-athletes in accordance with athletic training room policies and procedures. The Athletic Trainer must be able to make appropriate referrals to outside medical professionals when necessary and communicate with the athletic training staff, team physicians, other health-care professionals, and coaches about the health status of student-athletes. This individual is also responsible for coverage of assigned team practices and contests including out-of-town events.
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for, but not limited to, overseeing the daily operation of the athletic training room, keeping thorough documentation as part of student-athlete's medical records, mentoring and supervision of Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainers and their assigned sport, supervision of athletic training students during morning rehab hours and other responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Athletic Director for Health and Sports Performance. This person may be required to become a CPR instructor to assist with certification of Athletic Training and Athletic Department staff. In addition to clinical responsibilities, this individual may have an additional opportunity to serve as a preceptor within the CAATE Accredited Entry Level Master's program, housed within the Department of Kinesiology. This individual is responsible for the policies and procedures of the University, Conference and the NCAA in the day to day operation of the program.
- Master's Degree
- BOC Certification
- NC State license or eligible
- CPR/AED certification for healthcare providers
- 2-4 years experience as an athletic trainer at the collegiate of professional level
- Demonstrated experience with current evidence based rehab skills and techniques including post operative management, therapeutic exercise and manual therapy based skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable of ATS (Athletic Trainer System) and other IT hardware/software
- Experience as a preceptor within a CAATE accredited education program
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) References, in the References section of the electronic application. These References will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Reference/Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur when an applicant applies to this posting.
Applicants are required to upload the following document:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants will have the option to upload the following documents:
- Reference Letters 1,2,3 (letters that applicant may have available at the time of applying)
- Unofficial Transcript
Recruitment Range Commensurate Upon Experience
Org #-Department Intercollegiate Athletics - 85001
Job Open Date 09/10/2018
Job Close Date 09/17/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a master's degree?
- * Do you have your NATABOC certification?
- * Do you meet the qualifications for North Carolina State Licensure? (BOC Certificate or Card, Two Affidavits of Moral Character, Applicant Agreement, Official College/University Transcript with School Seal or copy of diploma showing degree in Sports Medicine or Athletic Training, Verification of Licensure (if licensed in other states), Protocol, Photograph)
- * Are you currently certified in CPR/AED?
- * Do you have a minimum of 3 years experience as an Athletic Trainer at the collegiate of professional level?
- * Do you have demonstrated experience with current evidence based rehab skills and techniques including post operative management, therapeutic exercise and manual therapy based skills?
- * Are you knowledgeable of ATS (Athletic Trainer System) and other IT hardware/software?
- * Do you have experience as a preceptor within a CAATE accredited education program?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu