Work Study - Academic Support, Technology or Laboratory (Metropolitan Campus)
Department: Adjunct Services
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Manager, Adjunct Services
Recruitment Type: Internal
Requisition ID: req662
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS070-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 2
Upon completion of this work study assignment, students will be able to:
- Greet visitors and answer phone inquiries from internal and external sources, requiring standard answers and/or refer individuals to the proper person(s).
- Operate duplicating and office machines as required and instruct others in the operations of such items.
- Anticipate and meet all customer needs accurately, professionally, and with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
- maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
- successfully pass background/drug screening;
- maintain open lab time as scheduled;
- help maintain the facilities;
- other general maintenance requirements;
- work with specialized equipment including chemicals;
- preference given to currently enrolled students in major;
- familiarity with Microsoft Office;
- ability to work with minimal instruction;
- other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.