American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Record and file records and correspondence using guidelines, complex rules, policies, and regulations for a Registrar's Office. Update the student information database with changes of major, grades and status .
- Act as primary for managing office phones and welcoming walk-ins; verify identity of clients and issue information, forms, transcripts, etc. as requested.
- Receive all forms submitted to the Office of the Registrar and processes, as appropriate.
- Manage and process enrollment verification requests.
- Assist with the graduation and diploma issuance and records process.
- Respond to inquiries and resolves problems, which require the interpretation, explanation, and justification of organizational policies and procedures.
- Review processing procedures, forms and/or correspondence and makes suggestions for any needed changes, or create new forms or correspondence as needed.
- Assist with research requested by faculty, staff and students, utilizing statistical enrollment data.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of the College, state and federal laws, policies and procedures related to processing official admission or academic student records, and keep current on any changes.
- Explain processes and procedures to students; parents and the general public. This will require a strong understanding of and ability to explain the Family Educational Right to Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Collect and process daily office mail, distributing to appropriate individual or office.
- Complete all other duties assigned by the Assistant/ Sr. Associate Registrar or Registrar.
- Required Degree(s): Associate's Degree or extensive experience in an office setting required.
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: Experience in higher education a plus, especially in a student records or service area.
- Required Training/Cert: Ability to communicate fluently (written and verbal) in English and Spanish
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong computer skills and attention to detail with a commitment to maintaining data integrity and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume work environment.
- Experience in (or knowledge of ) the practices and policies of higher education.
- A commitment to the academic experience, individual student growth, and the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate fluently (written and verbal) in English and Spanish
This is a full-time, non-exempt level, benefit eligible position. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.