Digital Analytics Engineer
Position Summary - A general statement regarding the overall objective of the position
The Digital Analytics Engineer is responsible for supporting the comprehensive design, development, implementation, and successful execution of analytics business processes and data collection systems. The Digital Analytics Engineer role requires an individual capable of working from business process development to the later stages of process performance monitoring with multi-tier key process indicators (KPIs). The role requires a working understanding in each phase of process/system development as well as a strong working knowledge of the fundamental education technology and IT systems used to build an end-to-end student focused value stream.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities - List of significant responsibilities and essential duties that must be completed in order to achieve the objectives of the position
- Owning and maintaining Adobe Analytics-related code & documentation, including solution design documentation, technical specifications, variable management (allocation, syntax and expiration, etc.), implementation, and auditing.
- Collect business requirements and translate into technical requirements for implementation projects.
- Be forward thinking and lead strategy for data collection and implementation projects that advance our analytics practice.
- Key point of contact for data integration with other tools (i.e. CRM, Advertising vendors, Marketing Automation systems, etc.).
- Engage with project management office and digital marketing product owners to understand upcoming web deployments and how this relates to implementation to define relevant KPIs
- Work with third-party vendors and stakeholders to optimize processes and troubleshoot outages or platform issues
- Diagnose issues with existing platform configurations and tags, and provide recommendations for improvement
- Coordinate upgrades and new functionality with appropriate internal and external team members
Required Skills - Required proficiencies, specialized knowledge, technology skills, etc.
- Works well in a team environment (specifically in an Agile SCRUM process).
- Ability to build consensus and motivate others via influential and non-authoritarian means.
- Strong oral and written communications abilities (including telecommunication abilities if working remotely).
- Solid technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan and meet schedules.
- Able to use all related computer equipment and applications.
Required Education and Experience - Minimum education and/or prior experience qualifications, required certifications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or web-related field (or equivalent experience).
- 2 years or more of experience in web analytics tagging/implementation with Adobe Analytics.
- 1 year or more of experience with Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Adobe Launch, or related Tag Management Solution (TMS)
- Excellent and proactive attention to detail and organization of multiple initiatives.
- Experience with data management governance.
Salt Lake City, United States