Position will assist the Manager of Information Systems manage all of the computer information systems needs of the Division of Student Affairs including analyzing current business practices, developing solutions to existing problems, troubleshoot all computer software, hardware, automate procedures where possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Position requires experience in .NET development, .NET application design; database integration; server management and architecture design. Candidates are expected to work with the Manager of Information Systems to define requirements, draft specifications, and code projects through to completion.
• Design, develop and support web-based solutions for Division of Student Affairs using MS Visual Studio .NET (C#, ASP.NET Web Form, Asp.NET Core, Web Services, Ado.NET and Entity Framework).
• Provide support and maintenance for several existing systems developed in-house.
• Serve as the liaison between Student Affairs Information Systems and Third party application vendors.
• Work with Telecommunications to oversee installation, troubleshooting, configuration and continued support of Division’s technology (hardware/software).
• Assist in the maintenance and development of the Division’s websites using the content management system provided by the University’s IT Department.
• Ability to work in a problem management/help desk environment.
• Serve as Team leader and support resource for Junior Programmers (Student Workers).
• Must understand varied network operating systems and communications process.
• Design e-newsletters for several departments.
• Provide technical support, assistance and training to Student Affairs departments on software and hardware.
• Sets up existing equipment for division wide events, such as career fairs, etc.
• Assist the Information Technology Manager with updates and maintenance to the
several divisional servers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology field.
• At least three years of experience. Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities (KSA):
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Strong knowledge for writing and publishing reusable libraries as NuGet Packages.
• Familiar with various design and architectural design patterns.
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Entity Framework.
• Experience developing web pages using DHTML, HTML and CSS, required.
• Strong knowledge of developing and deploying applications using ASP.NET Web Forms, MVC and MS SQL, required.
• Working knowledge of MS SQL Enterprise Manager, required.
• Working knowledge of FTP server, Windows 2016, required.
• Server and Workstation knowledge (hardware and software).
• Strong knowledge of Windows.
• Solid knowledge of relational database design and development in MS SQL Server 2014, including T-SQL, stored procedures.
• Working knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
• Demonstrated experience with XML and JSON and Web Services.
• Strong documentation, debugging and data analysis skills.
• Demonstrated experience with version control tools, such as Visual Studio Team
• Ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and to maintain high level
of professional conduct and courtesy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Willing to work occasional extra hours and weekends as necessary to complete special projects.
• MS Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, ADO.NET, C#, XML, Web Services.
• MS SQL Server.
• MS Office 365.
• Ability to work in a Problem Management/ Help Desk Environment.
• Windows Server 2008 and 2016.
Apply at www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00012131
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information-https://www.hr.miami.edu/careers/employment-laws-eo/index.html Come join us!]]>