Shuttle Bus Driver/Transit Service Operator - Part time
Shuttle Bus Driver/Transit Service Operator - Part time
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09463
Location: Various Locations
Address: Various Locations
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Classified; Level 16; Part-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $16.58 to $17.06 per hour. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
These are part-time positions (.76 FTE approximately 1,580 hours per year)
Under the direction of the Parking and Transportation Supervisor, provides safe, reliable, courteous, and efficient bus transportation service to all members of the PCC community. Monitors traffic for road safety while being aware of the overall environment on the shuttle bus. Work requires daily interaction with the public in a variety of situations. May function independently with minimal direct supervision while out on route.
Schedule: Work schedule and location (SY/CA/ SE/ RC) typically either M-F 6a-2:30p or M-Th 2 -20:30pm/ Fri 10a-6:30p.
The specific hours and locations are determined through a bid process based upon seniority with 8 hour shifts.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate shuttle bus in a safe manner, on specified route(s) according to established time schedules. Follow PCC rules and policies, obey traffic laws, and remain current on any changes.
- Prepare bus for operation by performing pre-trip and post?trip safety inspections; this includes reviewing the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order. Monitor the ongoing condition of the vehicle during operation and report any malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Develop and practice defensive driving skills to prevent vehicle and passenger accidents. In the event of an accident, or emergency, assist passengers to assure their safety.
- Provide accurate information to passengers regarding routes, schedules, and operating rules.
- Assist disabled passengers with boarding and exiting the bus. May be required to secure wheelchairs.
- Provide verbal and written reports to PCC supervisors and management concerning route, safety, schedule, passenger complaints and operational problems or concerns.
- Responsible for fueling bus, maintaining bus cleanliness, and performing other minor maintenance actions concerning overall maintenance of the vehicle.
- Prepare required paperwork such as passenger counts, accident/incident reports, and bus defect reports.
- In the event of unscheduled closures due to weather events and/or other circumstances, Transit Service Operators are considered "essential personnel" and may be expected to work when PCC is not officially open.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements:
Note: Experience requirements use full-time equivalent
High school diploma or equivalent, with minimum of six months experience in public service. Position requires effective interaction with customers and/or the public.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's license for operation of motor vehicle and have an acceptable driving record including five years of accident free driving, with no recent moving violations.
- Must obtain passenger and air brake endorsements within 7 days of hire. Must be able to pass a personal and criminal history background check. Must pass a physical examination and submit to periodic drug testing.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to operate a motor vehicle sitting for long periods of time; safely assist people using personal mobility devices on and off the bus and work in all types of weather.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please clarify in your application materials the experiences, successes and techniques evidencing how you bring these strengths:
- Experience transporting people
- Experience driving in varying weather conditions
- Experience working flexible schedules
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed online application
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency