SENIOR DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE & SECURITY
SENIOR DIRECTOR, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY INFRASTRUCTURE & SECURITY
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800082
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Bachelor's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
MANAGEMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Information Technology and Institutional Effectiveness
First Review Date:
$140,751- $166,802 Annual Salary (Range M34: Management 2017-2018 Salary Schedule). Starting salary placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Manager, Supervisor, and Confidential employees also receive 22 vacation days, 18 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
The Senior Director, Information Technology Infrastructure & Security reports to the Vice Chancellor of Information Technology and Institutional Effectiveness located at the District Office. This is a full time, 12 months per year, classified management position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversee the District technology infrastructure, networks and information systems which include data centers, networks, telecommunications, network servers, storage management, database management, virtualization, recovery management, threat management and data protection. 2. Manage all network servers that reside in the District Data Center and all related servers that reside at the College Data Centers and other off-campus locations. 3. Direct and lead the support for ERP infrastructure, file services, SharePoint, website infrastructure, wired/wireless networks, Wide Area Network, Internet access, Data Center, security infrastructure, incident response, authentication infrastructure (e.g., AD/Radius/Shibboleth), data backup, disaster recovery, phone services and remote access. 4. Confer with, and coordinate college and district technical groups regarding telecommunication technology capabilities, the feasibility of developing new network systems, and determining local and wide-area network requirements and modifications. 5. Develop and schedule priorities, assign responsibilities, ensure efficient and timely completion of projects, and prepare time and cost estimates and progress reports. 6. Participate in the evaluation, costing, selection, testing, and implementation of all network, server and telecommunications related systems. Recommend purchase decisions for system administration, network infrastructure and security. 7. Participate in long- and short-range planning efforts, including Bond funded project oversight and planning. 8. Plan, organize, and monitor network (LAN/WAN), telecommunication operations and performance upgrades; manage installation, upgrading and repair of local and wide-area network and telecommunication hardware, software, cabling and wiring. 9. Manage installation, upgrading and repair of local and wide-area network and telecommunication hardware, software, cabling and wiring. 10. Manage troubleshooting of network system problems and seek solutions or execute fixes. Supervise inventory of network hardware, software, and licensing. Review and maintain the documentation of information technology infrastructure. 11. Participate in the development of departmental standards and procedures, within District quality guidelines, ensure all projects and assignments comply with standards and regulations. 12. Develop policy, procedures and documentation for new technologies, security and customer service. 13. Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff; interview and participate in selecting employees; orient, train, counsel, discipline and terminate personnel according to established policies and procedures 14. Confer with the Vice Chancellor regarding evaluation and selection of contract firms and conduct Internet research on potential suppliers. 15. Confer with hardware and software vendors to obtain information, resolve problems, and arrange and conduct demonstrations and evaluations. 16. Make technology infrastructure, systems, and security recommendations to the Vice Chancellor and implement solutions. 17. Provide Incident response framework and procedures for the Network and Systems team. 18. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Knowledge of: 1. Principles, theories, methods, materials and equipment used in the analysis and development, design, installation, operation, and maintenance of telecommunications, LAN, and WAN technologies including operating systems, applications, protocols, and topologies. 2. Principles and methods used in Data Center Design, operations and maintenance for data center infrastructure (UPS, Generator, Electrical, etc.). 3. Information Security best practices for designing and implementing an information security program, hardware and software to provide security controls. 4. Knowledge of storage environments for servers including hypervisor software and hardware for server infrastructure, including data center switching. 5. Principles and practices of disaster recovery and business continuity. 6. Accessibility technology including compliance requirements for public higher education institutions (508 compliance). 7. Information Security framework and compliance requirement for PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FERPA and PII protections required by California and federal law. 8. Installation, maintenance, and support of network management software, server and telecommunication management software. 9. Management of multiple types of servers, including E-mail, web, network monitoring, disaster recovery, file, print, database servers, security, mass notification and police applications. 10. Writing technical documentation, policies and procedures. Skills and Abilities to: 1. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. 2. Develop and maintain network, server and telecommunications systems, and ensure network and data security. 3. Mange vendors and evaluate new technologies as they apply to district needs. 4. Analyze complex network telecommunications issues or problems, evaluate alternative solutions, and make sound recommendations. 5. Analyze and define user problems and/or requirements and develop efficient, cost-effective network systems solutions, while communicating options and ramifications to stakeholders. 6. Plan, design, install, troubleshoot, and repair LAN, WAN, and telecommunication hardware and software, and fiber and copper media. 7. Develop and interpret departmental policies and procedures, within District quality guidelines, and see that they are clearly communicated and carried out. 8. Manage, assign, and schedule technical staff working at multiple locations. 9. Organize, plan, cost, and complete network development projects efficiently in accordance with District quality standards and within given budget constraints. 10. Communicate complex technology issues clearly orally and in writing, and make effective oral presentations. 11. Manage multiple networking projects simultaneously.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
1. Current or recent Network related certification or training strongly preferred.
2. Security certification or ability to obtain at least one certification within one year of hire: CISSP, CISM, CEH, CFI, or equivalent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree in an area that relates to the requirements of the position.
2. Five years of full-time experience managing information technology infrastructure, operations, security and service teams.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable.
2. Experience working in higher education or nonprofit
3. Strengths in Information Security and Cloud Infrastructure
4. Experience managing unionized staff
5. Knowledgeable about Project/Program Management practices
6. Experience working with building contractors for IT and AV integration
1. Typical office environment.
2. Data centers, network closets, tunnels, ladders, indoor, outdoor, hot/cold temperatures, noisy conditions, moving equipment, etc.
3. High volume of projects and mission critical systems to maintain and monitor
4. Requires working on some evenings, weekends, nights or holidays for scheduled maintenance projects and emergency response.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Email: [email protected]
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency