Executive Director of Residential and Campus Life
The Executive Director of Residential and Campus Life provides leadership and supports the Vice President of Student Engagement and Success in the planning, coordination, and administration of student engagement and success programs at the university. Serves as a Campus Security Authority (CSA). Work hours: Mon-Thur: 8 AM-5:30 PM; Fri: 8 AM – 3:00 PM or as work requirements indicate.
• Provides administrative supervision for Student Engagement and Success departments including Student Activities, Residential Living, and Recreation and Wellness Programs.
• Responsible for aligning student programs and services to create an intentional holistic student experience.
• Serves as a senior leader within the Division of Student Engagement and Success. Serves as a division representative and liaison related to student engagement and success initiatives.
• Serves as advisor to student government, helping to facilitate student leaders' ideas and programming efforts to improve Student Affairs, as well as other areas of the University, and to share that information with the Vice President and/or other cabinet officers.
• Represents the Division of Student Engagement and Success at University functions when appropriate; represents the Division of Student Engagement and Success and the university at off-campus events and functions when appropriate; serves on university committees as appropriate; performs other delegated duties as assigned.
• Assists in strategic planning and the development and implementation of policies, guidelines and programs for the division to enhance campus environment for students.
• Serves as a contact for student related grievances and consults with faculty/staff on student related problems/concerns. Assists with civil rights investigations as needed.
• Assists with creating, implementing, and monitoring high impact education programs for students.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge and implement/continue best practices related to student development, diversity and inclusion, and student engagement.
• Provides leadership to direct reports and staff that includes but not limited to creating common vision, goals, seeking and providing input, written and oral communication, delegation, follow-up and assessment.
• Works with key stakeholders on process improvements and new initiatives, as appropriate.
• Be a university community partner.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of federal, state, USG and university policies and regulations as they relate to Student Engagement and Success.
• Attends university sponsored student programs, as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Masters in education, social science, student counseling or related field or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Six years of experience in student affairs or related field, experience managing budgets
and full-time staff, experience working with and advising student groups.
• Demonstrated prior success in creating and fostering a residential and campus life culture
which positions student success as the number one priority.
To view more and apply: https://www.gsw.edu/resources/facultyandstaff/hr/employment