Director of Pipeline Development
Director of Pipeline Development
Posting Number: R0001442
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:The Director of Pipeline Development serves as an essential member of the Advancement team to establish overall goals and strategies for increasing private support to and engagement with Willamette University. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Advancement Strategy and Operations (ASO), the Director is responsible for the planning and implementation of a comprehensive program of prospect research, prospect management, prospect data management, and analysis. The prospect research program focuses on the qualification and identification of prospects at the major gift level, with an emphasis on principle prospects. The prospect management program focuses on the development of policies and procedures for prospect tracking and management that support a fully integrated system of fund raising.
The prospect data management and analysis program focuses on the compilation, analysis, and presentation of data about the prospect pool and fund raising at Willamette to support and inform strategy planning at the individual, department, and division level. The Director focuses the department's activity on these initiatives to maximize donor philanthropic support.
Willamette is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Willamette recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Ethics and Data Stewardship
- Adhere to the ethical guidelines set forth in the APRA Ethics Statement and Willamette University policies on privacy and data usage.
- Develop and implement training on these ethics guidelines for division staff and other campus partners who have access to prospect data.
- Regularly collaborate with the director of advancement services to review and update division policies regarding ethics and prospect data usage.
- Implements a comprehensive prospect identification program that identifies, rates, and recommends prospects for the university across all programs (annual fund through principle giving)
- Implements a comprehensive program of quality prospect research (biographic, financial, and philanthropic) to support cultivation and solicitation activity by advancement staff, campus partners (such as Deans) and campaign volunteers as appropriate. Prioritizes and manages research requests according to institutional and division level priorities
- Proactively manages alerts and other proactive research tools to keep fund raisers up to date on principal gifts prospects (changes to wealth, employment, philanthropy, and other news)
- Develops and implements policies and standards for donor/prospect research projects with the primary focus on major and principal gifts.
Prospect Management / Pipeline Development
- Works closely with VP of Advancement and AVP of Development to maximize effectiveness of fund raiser portfolios, including the annual review of portfolios and regular portfolio and strategy reviews with the AVP and all fund raising field staff.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive prospect management policy, provides training across the division according to roles and responsibilities
- Leads Portfolio Review meetings and assists gift officers in developed targeted strategies toward solicitation.
- Manages the assignment (and reassignment, including prospect clearance) of prospects and partners with the AVPs for Development and University Relations to ensure that fund raising activity is coordinated and prospects are moved successfully through the fundraising cycle.
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analysis of pipeline activity and movement to drive strategic planning across Advancement.
- Supervises a student-worker data entry team to maintain up-to-date prospect management information in Raiser's Edge
- Hires, supervises, coaches, and conducts performance management for a team of employee(s), contracted researchers, and student employees
- Prepares annual strategic business plan and budget for the research and prospect management unit
- Manages external services and subscriptions for the unit
- Devises success metrics by which the research program can be measured and evaluated annually
- Collaborates with the Director of Advancement Services to make recommendations for database modifications needed to support effective reporting and analysis. Ensures the accuracy of the prospect information captured in the database
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective strategies for leading and serving diverse staff, faculty, and external constituents.
- Knowledge of the APRA skillsets. Proficiency with standard research tools including fundraising databases, wealth screening vendors and on-line services
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal / relationship management skills
- Proven record of leadership and supervision of employees, demonstrated ability to effectively train and motivate a diverse set of direct reports and colleagues across a division and an organization
- Strategic thinker who is creative and willing to think beyond traditional boundaries.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive materials and information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new software.
- Experience in higher education fundraising
- Three or more years in prospect research and/or prospect management
- Experience with Raiser's Edge / NXT
- Knowledge of modern data management practices and techniques including data-based computerized information systems, data modeling, and models of analysis that leads to effective decision making on behalf of the program.
TYPICAL WORK SCHEDULE:
Business hours are Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Typical work schedule is flexible once a pattern of performance is established.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
Typical work is performed indoors in a normal work environment.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Director-of-Pipeline-Development_R0001442
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency