IT Help Desk Specialist
Wells College seeks qualified candidates for the position of IT Help Desk Specialist. This positions provides technical support for all areas of technology on campus, including: classroom technology, windows and mac operating systems, Audio/Visual systems, software and hardware support. Be available to support events, including some evening and weekend work. Supervise student employees and handle the day to day operations of the Help Desk. Duties include but are not limited to:
1. Hardware support including: maintenance on current computers, installation of new computers and installation upgrades (both PC and Macintosh.). Should be familiar with system imaging software and PC hardware repair.
2. Software support including: installation of software, end-user support for faculty, staff and students. Update and patch software as needed and provide training and creating training resources.
3. Maintain and support classroom technology, computers, projectors, document cameras, printers, copiers, 3D Printers, sound systems and control systems such as Extron.
4. Support Audio and Video for events, including filming events and editing video content. Maintain video content online at YouTube.
5. Keep current inventory of all IT equipment and order supplies as needed.
6. Manage Help Desk Social Media and IT web content.
7. Remain current with new software and hardware products.
8. Coordinate Event Requests for IT department.
9. Assist with managing the budget.
10. Assist with planning and implementing equipment rotation cycles.
11. Assist with hiring, training, and supervising student employees.
Excellent organizational, scheduling and computer skills. Extensive knowledge of both PC and Macintosh environments. Experience with audio and video editing preferred. Understanding of sound systems and mixing boards desirable. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a diverse population. Self-starter, able to set priorities and work independently with little supervision. Bachelors or higher degree preferred, but minimum of an Associate’s degree in computer related field with at least one year previous experience providing user support or equivalent education and experience. Experience in decision making and setting schedules. Must be physically able to lift computer equipment and small printers, to crawl under desks for installations and to be able to walk around campus.
Wells College is a small coeducational liberal arts college located in the village of Aurora, New York, which offers affordable, family-friendly living within a half hour's drive of Ithaca and within a 75 minute radius of Rochester, Syracuse and numerous other colleges and universities – an area rich in natural, educational and cultural resources. The current student body numbers about 500, 76% from NY State, and 32% identifying as students of color.
Wells College is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all persons. The College seeks to promote diversity in all of its hires to create a multicultural teaching, learning, and working environment; members of under-represented populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be submitted online at www.wells.edu/employment and include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references. All materials submitted should be in PDF. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.