Online adjunct instructor: public policy, public admin, or political science
Liberty University's Helms School of Government is seeking applicants with terminal degrees in public policy, political science, public administration, international relations, or related degrees for online adjunct positions to lead our expanding undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses. Qualified candidates will:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- View the responsibility of grading student assignments as an opportunity to provide detailed feedback and to mentor and challenge students to grow intellectually and spiritually.
- Maintain productive contact with students and advise students in matters related to academic achievement, attendance, and behavior.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University. Additionally, they should engage in an active commitment to personal spiritual formation within a biblically informed Christian worldview and follow lesson plans developed for the course they are facilitating. Online faculty should view the course being taught as a means to a significant educational end. They should strive to employ a variety of techniques for the development of good learning conditions, view each student as a unique individual, and, insofar as is possible, provide for individual differences, abilities and interests.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Haskew at [email protected]