Online adjunct instructor: Criminal Justice
Liberty University's Helms School of Government is seeking applicants with a terminal degree in criminal justice or related field to instruct undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral online criminal justice courses on an adjunct basis.
A qualified candidate will:
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- View the responsibility of grading student assignments as an opportunity to provide detailed feedback and to mentor and challenge students to grow intellectually and spiritually.
- Maintain productive contact with students and advise students in matters related to academic achievement, attendance, and behavior.
- Maintain and report student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Candidates must be committed to the evangelical standards and mission of Liberty University. They should actively commit to personal spiritual formation within a biblically informed Christian worldview and follow lesson plans developed for the course they are facilitating. Online faculty should view the course being taught as a means to a significant educational end. They should strive to employ a variety of techniques for the development of good learning conditions, view each student as a unique individual, and, insofar as is possible, provide for individual differences, abilities and interests.