Strength & Conditioning Coach
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Strength & Conditioning Coach
Reports To: Head Athletic Trainer
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Strength and Conditioning Coach position. Reporting to the Head Athletic Trainer, the Coach's primary responsibility is to provide direction and administrative oversight for developing and implementing strength programs to provide a safe and competitive environment for student athletes. Responsibilities include all activities associated with the management of a successful NCAA Division II program within the University.
- Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program reflects positively on the University.
- Facilitate a positive environment for student athletes and coaches.
- Develop, implement and supervise strength programs.
- Train and develop student athletes in a safe environment
- Monitor assist strength and conditioning staff's programing
- Develop and communicate efficiently with coaches and student athletes in regards to strength and conditioning programs.
- Abide by all NCAA DII, PacWest Conference and Dominican University rules, policies and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
- Promptly report any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA DII, PacWest and/or Dominican University of California Athletics rules to the Associate AD for Compliance/SWA, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
- Work closely with the Head Athletic Trainer and athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
- Represent the program and Dominican University with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 2 years of strength and condition experience at the intercollegiate level.
- Current driver's license and satisfactory driving record is required and must be maintained.
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, (NSCA). Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations
- Must be willing and able to drive departmental vehicles (and have a clean driving record evidenced by a positive DMV pull)
- Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (SCCC) preferred
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications given by September 23rd, 2018; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check and motor vehicle report check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency