President/CEO of Bluegrass Community and Technical College
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) seeks a highly ethical, caring, energetic, dynamic, student-focused, innovative and visionary leader to serve as the President/CEO of Bluegrass Community and Technical College in Lexington, KY. This leader will be responsible for achieving the student success, workforce readiness and strategic goals needed for BCTC to be the first choice for area students. This position will build upon and create partnerships with other higher education institutions, employers and the community.
THE SYSTEM AND THE COLLEGE
KCTCS, the largest provider of post-secondary education and workforce training in Kentucky, is a statewide community college system with 16 colleges and more than 70 campuses across the Commonwealth. Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) is one of the 16 colleges. BCTC enrolls 21,645 students on an annual basis, has 7 campuses (3 in Lexington; 4 in adjacent counties and an additional site housing the North American Racing Academy (NARA)) and serves Workforce clients with customized instructional programs.
KCTCS and the Board of Directors of Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) seek a visionary educator with an outstanding record of strong leadership, educational accomplishments and an ability to foster internal and external partnerships, to serve as the next college president. The college president reports directly to the KCTCS President. The president works closely with the BCTC Board of Directors and Foundation Board comprised of a well-connected and engaged group of community leaders desirous of developing a top-in-the-country performing institution in student performance and community outcomes. The President is responsible for all aspects of the college’s operation throughout the service area and represents the college at the local and state levels. The president should have a proven track record of interacting positively and professionally with all faculty and an understanding and appreciation of a faculty promotion and tenure process.
Bluegrass Community and Technical College (BCTC) transforms the Bluegrass Region—one student, one employer, and one community at a time. With students at the heart of our mission, BCTC supports student access, success, and completion of educational goals through comprehensive services, high-quality career and technical education for workforce skills, transfer education for baccalaureate degrees, and life skills development. BCTC promotes cultural awareness and inclusion, critical thinking, and civic responsibility. Through excellence in teaching, learning and strong partnerships, BCTC supports regional economic vitality and quality of life as a member college of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System awarding associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Bluegrass Community and Technical College aspires to teaching and learning excellence, student success, and creative solutions for educational, economic, and community challenges.
As an organization that serves and learns, made up of students, faculty, and staff, and supported by boards, councils, and advisors, BCTC is guided by these core values:
- Building Respect
- Authenticity - We act with integrity and uphold our commitments.
- Inclusion - We empower students, faculty, and staff to create an inclusive culture through open access, shared experience, and mutual respect.
- Meaningful Interaction - We value considerate and productive communication, empowered listening, and diversity of thought and expression.
- Focus on Learning - We support lifelong learning through teaching and service that nurture emotional and intellectual growth to foster meaningful lives.
- Innovation - We embrace challenges using new, creative, and flexible ideas and actions that seek improvements and support educational excellence.
- Responsiveness - We assess needs, create partnerships, and take initiative to support the economic and cultural development of the communities we serve.
- Creating Community
- Positive Environment - We embrace joy and celebration in our learning and working environment.
- Collaboration - We cooperate toward common goals, striving to create positive results by being helpful, courteous, and kind.
- Student focused with a strong commitment to student retention, achievement and recruitment
- Effective communicator
- Possesses enthusiasm and passion for community colleges
- Highly visible and approachable on campus and engaged with all communities served by BCTC
- Proven leadership abilities with strong management skills and confident decision maker
- Skilled advocate for the college at the State Level and within the General Assembly
- Team player
- Team builder
- Understand and strengthen BCTC’s important role within the community and its partners
- Aware of and responsive to workforce needs of the community
- Strategic thinker
- Proactive outreach to diverse populations and fosters inclusiveness, equity and social justice
- Proven track record increasing enrollment and retention
- Strong financial background with a thorough understanding of the budgeting process
- Understand performance-based funding
- Ability to further develop and strengthen community, K-12, and higher education partnerships
- Experience leading a strategic planning process
- Understand what it means to be part of a statewide system
- Understand facilities management, infrastructure and space utilization
- Successful fundraising track record in both the public and private sectors
- Technologically sophisticated
- Data driven
- An earned Doctorate from an accredited college or university
- Progressive leadership experience with 3 – 5 years Senior-level executive experience in higher education, with preference given to community or technical college experience
- An approachable person of high integrity and energy, with a track record of building successful teams, inside and outside the organization.
- President with CEO experience
- Classroom teaching experience
Applicants will submit for review the following:
- A current vita with cover letter addressing characteristics and qualifications; and
- A list of five professional references, including names and telephone numbers (both home and business).
- All application materials must be received by 5:00 PM EST on October 8, 2018.
The review of applications will begin October 9, 2018. Nominations and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
*Please Note: All semi-finalists will be required to submit a 10-minute video presentation.
All nominations and applications should be addressed to:
KCTCS President’s Office
Attention: Jackie B. Cecil, System Director of Human Resources
300 North Main Street, Versailles, Kentucky 40383
Applications may also be emailed to [email protected]
For more information regarding this position, please visit the Bluegrass Presidential Search webpage at https://bluegrass.kctcs.edu/presidential-search/
If you have any questions or suggestions, or would like to make a confidential inquiry please contact our Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT)
Search Consultant: Julie Golder, J.D., Vice President of Search Services, [email protected], 202-775-4466 (office) or 202-384-5816 (mobile)
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of; race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor.