Sr. Nursery Technician
8AM - 5PM
$40,486 - $47,909
Under direction, provides greenhouse support activities for the (CNAS) College of Natural Agricultural Science. This position performs day-to-day greenhouse activities related to weed control, clean-up, pruning, irrigation, fertilizing, facility monitoring, perform maintenance tasks, such as evaporative coolers, temperatures controllers, exhaust fans, irrigation controllers, bench maintenance in a wide array of greenhouses, lath houses and screen houses.
Ability to read, write and perform arithmetic calculations; six years of experience in nursery techniques including demonstrated supervisory ability when applicable; or technical gardening school education and three years of experience in nursery techniques including demonstrated supervisory ability when applicable. Skill in operation of all equipment associated with greenhouses, head houses, general research sites and pesticide application and storage.
Knowledge or experience working with research.
Knowledge of horticulture, plant sciences, entomology or plant pathology.
Ability to grow rare and unique plants under greenhouse conditions.
Knowledge of alternative methods to control insect pests.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview