HR Business Partner
Job Description Summary
The HR Business Partner is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior management in supporting designated geographic regions/areas. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment/employment, benefits administration, employee relations, performance management, training, policy implementation and employment law compliance.
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Conducts recruitment efforts for all exempt and non-exempt personnel, students and temporary employees; oversees new hire screening, background checks, employee onboarding and orientation; writes and places job advertisements; maintains accurate and timely job postings.
- Answers/directs compensation and benefit related questions/inquiries.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Facilitates healthy employee relations through coaching and counseling supervisors and employees, and fostering both development planning and a progressive discipline process.
- Conducts thorough and timely investigations and provides recommendations for appropriate corrective action to management.
- Partners with employees and management to administer and communicate various HR policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Ensures legal and ethical compliance with state and federal laws
- Responsible for the completion and accuracy of all personnel files, including I-9's.
- Conducts audits as needed and/or directed.
- Facilitates the implementation of systems, programs, tools and processes designed to improve management and employee performance, productivity, engagement and business results.
- Maintains HRIS records with accuracy and timeliness.
- Compiles reports and trends analysis data.
- Conducts training on HR systems, programs, tools and processes for designated geographic regions/areas.
- Assists in the evaluation of reports, decision and results of the department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with all employees, students, external agencies and vendors of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in human resources or closely related field required.
- Three to five years of experience as a human resources generalist preferably in post-secondary education or other field with large employee base and strong external customer service requirements (e.g. healthcare, retail, financial services, etc.).
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and staff population.
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivational skills.
- Strong computer literacy skills with MS Office suite, as well as HRIS applications.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, students, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability work without close supervision and to set ones priorities and work schedule.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.