Part-time Faculty Lifelong Learning Institute
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Part-time Faculty Lifelong Learning Institute
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College is accepting applications for the Lifelong Learning Institute, a non-credit program that serves individuals ages 50 and over. We are currently seeking enthusiastic and dedicated faculty members to teach classes - Intergenerational Communication and Vocabulary Building. These faculty members must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrate the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Montgomery College Lifelong Learning Institute, a non-credit program for individuals ages 50+, accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as "TBA" does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management's sole discretion.
Teaching Positions are available in the following areas:
- Archaeology and World Cultures
- Art (Drawing, Painting, Sketching, Crafts)
- Art History
- Brain Fitness (Chess, Art of Storytelling, Bridge, etc.)
- Careers and Employment
- Computers and Technology
- History and Current Events
- Human and Natural Science (Psychology, Family Relationships, Sociology, Biology)
- Literature and Writing (American and International Literature, Classic and Modern)
- Personal Enrichment (Organization Skills, Expert Speaking on Different Topics)
- Personal Finance
The Lifelong Learning Institute offers daytime and evening classes at various location throughout Montgomery County in the Fall, Spring, and Summer Semesters.
Duties Included But Not Limited To:
Teach short-term (2 - 6 sessions), non-credit courses to adult learners. Provide demonstrations, lecture, role-play, and group activities. Manage classroom. Administrative classroom responsibilities. Prepare and develop course curriculum.
- Master's Level Degree is required. Ph.D.is preferred or extensive professional experience in specific field.
- Teaching experience with diverse age student population.
- Engaging presentation style.
- Proficiency with computer technology - e-mail, MS Office skills (MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
Successful completion of a background check is required as a condition of employment at the time of hire:
Open Until Filled
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
MD - Montgomery County