Digital Pedagogy Fellow
Hyde Park Campus
44453 IT Services Instructional Tech
About the Unit
Academic Technology Solutions (ATS) is a division within Information Technology Services specializing in technical solutions for the learning environment.
Information Technology Services, department of Academic Technology Solutions is seeking to recruit a candidate to assist faculty, TAs, students, and staff in the transition to Canvas and to promote the pedagogically-sound use of other educational technology in our . This position is ideal for those who are preparing to teach blended courses or fully online courses, interested in incorporating a range of digital educational tools for traditional face-to-face classroom, or exploring the field of instructional design. You will consult, guide, and support instructors in the pedagogically-sound use of technology for teaching and learning.
- Provide online and in-person faculty consulting (one-on-one or group sessions) and support in the use of Canvas LMS or other educational technology.
- Assist, develop, and/or lead workshops for faculty, instructors, students, and staff.
- Develop online resources (e.g. documentation, tipsheets, etc.) for Canvas, digital educational tools and digital pedagogy.
- Research and test new education technology.
- Complete administrative tasks as required.
- Must be detail-oriented, hardworking, and dependable, with a can-do attitude.
- Must have good oral and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills.
Education, Experience, or Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- One year of teaching experience required.
- Teaching consultation experience and knowledge of basic pedagogy (e.g. through workshops offered by Chicago Center for Teaching) is preferred.
- Knowledge of LaTex, and/or statistical software's (R Statistics, STATA), and/or GIS is preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Basic digital literacy and computer skills required.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Google Docs, Sheets and Drive, with ability to learn other programs (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) required.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Standard office environment.
- Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/