P/T Marketing Assistant-Integrated Marketing & Communications
Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions
Department: Integrated Marketing & Communications
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Sep 07, '18
Type: PT No Benefits
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
The IMC Division is responsible for maintaining a consistent image for the College for both internal and external audiences. In addition to enrollment marketing for the College, IMC promotes academic programs, speakers, events and other College-related initiatives through a variety of communication channels, including web, print, multimedia, social media, email campaigns, advertising and media relations. Learn more about IMC at http://bhcc.edu/imc.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Integrated Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Assistant will support the office of IMC in marketing communications projects, including marketing research and reporting, office management and special projects.
- Manage production calendars and campaigns that support the strategic plan for IMC
- Coordinate, monitor and compile IMC reports
- Perform marketing research and environmental scans
- Coordinate and organize meetings, calendar and approvals for Executive Director
- Work with Executive Director to perform marketing and communications tasks as assigned
- Associate degree in marketing, communications or equivalent work experience and/or closely related field; bachelor's degree a plus
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in marketing, communications or related field; higher education a plus
- Possess knowledge of effective integrated marketing communications strategies; knowing the PESO model a plus
- Excellent planning, organizing and project management skills
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of marketing data analysis and research and familiar with Google Analytics a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, content management system a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative team environment working with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
Salary: 18/hrs./wk. @ $25.00/hr. Monday-Friday (non-benefitted position)
Effective Date: To Ensure Consideration All Application Materials Must Be Received By September 28, 2018.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE