Clerk VI-Student Central
Category: Classified Staff
Department: Student Central
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Sep 07, '18
Ref No.: CLA
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is the largest community college in Massachusetts, serving more than 14,000 students each semester across all modes of instruction. Ranked among the 25 fastest growing public two-year colleges in the United States, BHCC is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, MA, in nearby Chelsea, MA, and at three satellite locations within the Greater Boston area. BHCC is part of the Massachusetts public higher education system, which includes 15 community colleges.
BHCC offers 103 certificate and degree programs that prepare students to enter four-year institutions or to enter the workforce prepared for better and more highly skilled jobs. Sixty-seven percent of students are people of color and more than fifty percent are women.
Bunker Hill Community College BHCC is nationally recognized as a Leader College by Achieving the Dream and is one of four colleges awarded the National Gates Foundation Achieving the Dream Catalyst grant.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
Living in Boston:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
BHCC is looking for staff committed to student success to work in our new BHCC Student Central department that will integrate services related to financial aid, student payment, registration and academic records. Student Central is both a centralized physical locations and a virtual hub where students can access information, resources and services.
Represents Student Central and is responsible for providing quality services to students, alumni, faculty and staff.
- Work in the Student Central assisting students with all enrollment related processes
- Maintain and update student records
- Process documents, registrations, invoices, payments, tax returns and financial aid related documents
- Accept and prepare correspondence, forms, files and reports for processing, electronic storage or forwarding
- Operate standard office machines and equipment; issue ID cards
- Explain financial aid eligibility, awards and regulations
- Answer student, alumni, staff, and faculty questions and provide information in-person, over the phone and via email
- Assist with the compilation of statistical information to be included in departmental reporting
- Supervise student workers as needed
- Assist students with completion of paper and electronic forms and navigation of virtual systems
- Comply with FERPA and privacy regulations
- At least four years of full-time or equivalent part-time experience in office work or any equivalent combination of the required experience.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to use proper grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols and maintain accurate records
- Ability to type and use a computer and other standard office equipment
- Able to communicate effectively in oral expression and deal tactfully with others
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Bachelor's Degree
Closing Date: September 20,2018
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE