Associate Director, Corporate and Foundation Relations
Job no: 493908
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Department: Institutional Advancement
Location: Moon Campus
Position Department Institutional Advancement
Position Type Staff Full-Time
Directs grant seeking strategies and activities for the academic schools, centers, and administrative and institutional areas of the University. Develops and implements the strategic plan for university foundation efforts and ultimately prepares proposals for submission. Assists the Vice President of Institutional Advancement in planning for and implementing government relations. Successful candidate will have a strong track record of writing winning proposals.
- Plans grant seeking strategies University-wide. Advises School Deans, faculty, and administrators on funding opportunities as well as the design and fundability of programs and projects. Manages the grant seeking process and establishes quality procedures and standards for prospect research, prospect cultivation, proposal development, and grant stewardship.
- Writes grant proposals for submission to foundations, corporations, and government agencies. Contributes to the conceptualization and design of proposed programs and projects, including budget development. Reviews and approves final drafts of proposal documents.
- Establishes and enforces procedures for grant management, including review and approval of checklists and selected grant progress reports. Writes progress reports for selected grant-funded projects. Advises on Institutional Advancement (IA) procedures for grant processing and on business office procedures for grant accounting.
- Assists the Vice President for Development and Senior Vice President for Institutional Advancement in government relations activity; includes relating School-specific needs and capabilities with potential government funding opportunities at the state, federal, and local level and preparing materials to promote institutional projects to funding agencies.
- Develops and conducts workshops and other opportunities for grant seeking awareness among faculty, administrators and other IA staff.
- Represents the University as a main contact with grant makers.
- Provides support for other Institutional Advancement efforts, as requested by the Vice President. Assists with special events as needed.
- On occasion may need to drive on behalf of the University. Must be available by phone and email after typical business hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Seven years of experience in grant seeking, including at least five years of experience in institutional advancement for higher education with primary responsibility in grant seeking.
- Much of the responsibility and day-to-day work in this position is time sensitive involving the pressure of frequent deadlines.
- Strong professional communication interpersonal/organizational skills are required.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks is essential.
- Ability to work with confidential information and materials is required.
- On occasion travel may be required.
- Valid driver's license is required.
Exemption Status Exempt
Act 153 Clearance Required No
Required To Pass a Motor Vehicle Report Check Yes
Required to Pass a Credit Check Yes
Additional Posting Information None
Special Applicant Instructions None
Advertised September 7, 2018 Eastern Daylight Time
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Robert Morris University (RMU), founded in 1921, is one of the leading universities in the Pittsburgh region. RMU provides a professionally focused education with an emphasis on engaged learning and is one of the most affordable private doctoral-level institutions in Pennsylvania. The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In 2016, for the first time in its history, RMU was ranked nationally by U.S. News and World Report. In 2017, RMU had among the biggest increases of all national universities in the U.S. News and World Report annual "Best Colleges" rankings released, rising 12 spots to No. 176.
Robert Morris University is dedicated to changing the lives of its students and employees so that they can go out and change the lives of others. The University combines academic excellence with a professional focus offering numerous undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degree programs. In 2011, Robert Morris University was named as a "Top Workplace" by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette , which names the best places to work in the Greater Pittsburgh region.
RMU offers faculty members an environment where teaching, research and service are supported and valued.
RMU's main campus in Moon Township features 230 rolling acres and provides all the benefits of a traditional university campus, just minutes from the airport and downtown Pittsburgh.
INSTITUTIONAL EQUITY VISION STATEMENT
At Robert Morris University, we believe that institutional equity reflects our continued commitment to a community where everyone is both valued and respected. Institutional equity encompasses racial, ethnic, gender and religious diversity, cultural perspectives, national origin, sexual orientation, physical ability, as well as socioeconomic contexts, and educational backgrounds. We are dedicated to developing a diverse population by fostering an environment where intellectual and social growth, individual perspectives, and all human experiences are valued. We strive to be an inclusive community that celebrates and embraces differences as a means of responding to the cultural and social demands of a global society. Inherent in our inclusion efforts is a strong commitment to intercultural and global education to produce and include citizens who will serve as educational, social, economic and cultural ambassadors to the world. Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Visit RMU's Office of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity