Senior Web Development Specialist - Illinois Public Media (99561)
Senior Web Development Specialist
Illinois Public Media
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois Public Media seeks a Senior Web Development Specialist for the WILL AM-FM-TV public broadcasting stations licensed to the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
While other media organizations have only figured out that people want media in multiple forms in the last few years, Illinois Public Media has been producing content across multiple formats for over 60 years, nearly 100 years in audio. As we look across the media landscape today, we see transformation, and we need you to help us carry out our own transformation in exciting ways.
We no longer think of TV and radio but rather video and audio. We no longer think of reaching viewers or listeners in our broadcast range but across the entire world. IPM was among the first NPR stations to stream its broadcast online many years ago, and we look to achieve new firsts in the future.
If you think you're ready to build a future-looking, media content delivery ecosystem, then you just might be the developer we're seeking.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implements digital media and online services for IPM, including web sites, streaming and on-demand media, RSS feeds, podcasts, and mobile apps, including technology, design, content, social media, digital storytelling, and editorial policy.
- Coordinates with managers and staff in News and Public Affairs, Development, Marketing, Engineering, Operations, and Community Engagement to create mechanisms for publishing and distributing content online.
- Provides training, documentation, and support for all IPM staff as needed.
- Integrates IPM's online media, web sites, and Internet services, with in-house and external digital infrastructure, including production, storage, staging, publishing, cataloging, and archival systems.
- Coordinates with national networks and partners including PBS, NPR, PRI, the Public Media Platform, and other public media stations and organizations.
- Participates in digital content strategic planning, coordination, and budgeting.
- Participates in on-air fundraising, community outreach projects, and marketing activities on behalf of Illinois Public Media.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, web development, or related field
- Three years experience programming web front ends and/or backends
- Three years experience with database-driven application programming
- One year experience supporting users of content management systems
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in speaking and writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with peers and colleagues inside and outside of a defined team.
- Ability to rapidly learn new skills as Internet technologies, protocols, and tools evolve.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be submitted by September 27, 2018. The committee may begin reviewing applications before the close date but no decision will be made until after the close date. Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter describing qualifications for the position, current resume and the names and contact information for three professional references. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Annetta Allison (217) 265-7648 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time, 12-month academic professional appointment with a start date as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: College of Media/IPM
Title: Senior Web Development Specialist - Illinois Public Media (99561)
Open Date: 09/06/2018
Close Date: 09/27/2018
Organization Name: IPM Administration:General