American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Instruction and development of the full student-athlete, including on track teaching.
- Monitoring student athletes' academic progress
- Coordinating team travel
- Daily administration duties assigned by the head coach
- Attending practices, home and away meets
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Master's degree
- Required Training/Cert: Pass NCAA compliance test within 90 days of employment
- Required Licensure(s): Valid, insurable driver's license
- Strong knowledge of the sport of track&field
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Experience in coaching and playing track&field
- Recruiting experience is preferred.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.
- Valid, insurable driver's license is required, with ability to travel.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as the schedule dictates.
This is a full time, exempt level, benefits eligible position. The schedule will be flexible to the needs of the department with regular office hours to include 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Evenings, weekends, and holidays required as the schedule dictates.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.