Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Carlinville, IL (102621)
Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension
Units 18 & 23 Cluster - Carlinville, IL (Macoupin County - Unit 18)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This vacancy is 80% time. This staff member works under general supervision to organize, coordinate, and perform a variety of clerical duties requiring knowledge of general office and University procedures and methods, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, 4-H Online, and other University based software packages. The primary location for this position is at the Macoupin County Office; however, it may be necessary for this position to work from the other offices in Unit 18 on an as-needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- P-Card Delegate for staff based in Macoupin County
- Assist Master Gardener volunteers in mailings, and volunteer database management of continued education and service hours
- Review incoming mail and, on basis of content, redirects, responds, or obtains additional information
- Maintain knowledge of programs and activities, in order to provide adequate responses to inquiries
- Perform typing and word processing of moderate difficulty; type materials and edit for grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure
- Serves as receptionist both in person and by telephone, with responsibility for obtaining and providing information as instructed
- Under the direction of the County Extension Director type letters of a routine, factual nature, regarding Extension program areas, Council meetings, Foundation meetings
- When assigned, assist with printing and with online distribution of local newsletters
- Maintains subject matter files of Extension pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, promotional materials; provides materials to staff and the public upon request
- Collects and prepares routine statistical information concerning Extension programs such as membership, program evaluations, and 4-H awards. Maintain and update program registrations and list
- Maintain and process Extension appropriation records weekly calendar for local media, staff minutes, and news release distribution, and orders
- Coordinate meeting room reservations, rentals, set-ups, and key arrangements online via Outlook. Insure adequate supplies of teaching materials as requested by professional staff members
- Maintain 4-H records and provide data input needed for 4-H Online. This includes 4- H enrollment (both short and long forms), fair results and registrations
- Maintain inventories of office supplies and publications. Provides monthly copier counts to Ricoh and performs postage meter updates as needed. Make necessary purchases and pay bills for office and Unit using the University issued p-card in compliance with purchases procedures and procurement laws
- Comply with Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunities policies and guidelines in all aspects of University of Illinois Extension work
- Other duties as assigned
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or combination totaling six (6) months from the following categories:
(a) work experience performing simple, repetitive clerical/office support activities, including use of computer systems
(b) vocational training that provided a knowledge of generally accepted clerical procedures
(c) college or university course work in Office Occupations, Business Administration, Business Education, or closely related fields
12 semester hours = six (6) months
(d) college or university course work in any curriculum
24 semester hours = six (6) months
For more information about this classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 80%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (30 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.80 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for EXT-OS ASSISTANT- CARLINVILLE (MACOUPIN). Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: University Extension
Title: Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Carlinville, IL (102621)
Open Date: 09/05/2018
Close Date: 09/24/2018
Organization Name: Unit 18