Job Number: 80190
Founded in 1892, Stanford University Press publishes 130-140 books a year across the humanities, social sciences, Middle Eastern, Jewish and Latin American Studies, law, business, and economics. Stanford University Press is located in Redwood City, CA.
Stanford University Press is looking for a Marketing Specialist to handle day-to-day oversight of our direct mail, email, and advertising efforts. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
With minimal supervision, participate in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives that enable programs, services, events and/or products to meet business objectives. Support cross-functional collaboration across the organization.
- Execute marketing strategies to meet business objectives.
- Implement marketing plans/programs to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Write, edit and schedule select marketing communications which adhere to communications and brand strategy for a variety of channels (i.e., web, print, email, online).
- Manage the design and production of select marketing materials.
- Conduct competitive benchmarking and analyze campaign/program/service/event effectiveness used to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and research market trends.
- May plan and execute events to support marketing objectives.
- Monitor and oversee product/program budgets to meet program goals.
- Coordinate vendor estimates and invoice processing.
- - * Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Previous experience in product, program and/or services marketing.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Experience with managing projects.
- Knowledge of marketing across channels including digital and print.
- Familiar with market research and data analysis.
- Creative problem solver.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
Other Relevant Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities May Include:
- 1-3 years of experience creating superior marketing collateral and email campaigns that yield demonstrable results
- Strong organizational skills
- Very detailed oriented
- Can coordinate expertly with internal and external stakeholders
- Possess some basic design skills (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Can handle light budgeting duties
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
To apply, please access the Stanford Careers website at https://careersearch.stanford.edu/.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4892
Job Grade: G
Location: University Libraries, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.