Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Collaborate closely on research projects in the fields of economics, statistics, and geosciences. Will direct and co-direct projects in these fields. Responsible for proficiency in use of GIS and econometric analysis, gathering data, performing statistical analysis, and writing of reports. Wide range of language skills will be useful.
Required Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, or relevant field. Four years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong analytical skills in mathematics, economics, demography, and/or statistics.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and have advanced reasoning and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with geographical information systems such as ArcGIS. Programming ability with large datasets in software such as Stata or Matlab.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Ph. D. or Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Earth Sciences, Demography, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to work in major foreign languages.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/2oJrVqY. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.