Senior Applications Developer
Come join our small, agile team that develops applications at the leading edge of our industry -- advancement offices at small, private liberal-arts colleges. We focus on building dynamic, engaging, and elegant applications which grow Amherst's relationship with our alumni, parents, and friends. We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Applications Developer to help us build new and exciting offerings.
This position also takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and to participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Design, develop, test and maintain internal and external applications used by Advancement staff to produce critical business output. Emphasis is on browser-based applications with development in various platforms including custom-built web applications, CMS, and CRM systems.
- Develop and support applications written in other tools, as needed.
- Manage applications admin: security, version control, usability, de-bugging, maintenance
- Provide client support, potentially including off-hours / on-call support for a wide range of applications and solutions
Report Support and Development
- Cross-train in order to implement and maintain, when needed, reporting and business intelligence solutions delivered through various mechanisms including SSRS, Excel, email, and Access, in addition to web applications.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Strong organizational, time management, and written and verbal communication skills
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to collaborate and work effectively with all levels of the college community
- Ability to work independently and/or work well with a team depending on the situation
- Ability to influence others and build teams across departments
- Ability to gain conformance without imposing authority
- Comfortable learning and incorporating new technologies
- Ability to synthesize information and set/suggest policy
- Commitment to excellence and quality, appreciation of customer service
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
- 5+ years of related experience
- Automated testing, Agile development, object-oriented design patterns
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!