Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of Student Affairs
September 5, 2018
November 4, 2018
The Associate Vice President for Student Affairs provides management and operational assistance to the Vice President for Student Affairs and implements a campus wide Enrollment and Retention Management Plan. The individual works closely with the Vice President for Student Affairs to provide strategic direction to the admissions team, financial aid office, residential life, student activities, career services, counseling center, health services, and student judicial hearings. The individual is expected to manage the Office of Admissions, including the supervision of staff, oversight of recruitment, admission, and enrollment cycles. The incumbent will coordinate with the management of the Office of Financial Aid and operate in a manner consistent with the University’s overall enrollment management plan.
- Develop, along with the Vice President of Student Affairs, admissions and operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing critical measurements, determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
- Assist with the design and development of a campus-wide recruitment and retention strategy that includes all academic and administrative units.
- Assess the University’s strategic enrollment plan, focusing on the recruitment of new students and initiatives to retain current students.
- Develop strategies for recruiting new students, including freshmen, transfers, military, and returning adults using data analytics and state of the art recruiting and admissions technology.
- Interact with colleagues across the University to ensure institutional alignment and synergy with the strategic plan.
- Collaborate with the University’s Office of Strategic Communication to promote the University and attract new students.
- Maintain a continuous pipeline of quality applicants.
- Establish, monitor, evaluate, and modify processes, procedures, and/or standards, ensuring alignment with the University’s mission, values, goals, and objectives, as well as local, state, federal laws and regulations.
- Provide oversight for the implementation of the short and long-term goals as outlined in the University’s Enrollment Management Plan.
- Ensure recruitment goals, policies, practices and actions produce successful student recruitment results, consistent with Saint Augustine’s mission, strategic goals and the Enrollment Management Plan.
- Conduct research and review of freshman and transfer application for admissions; make sound admissions decisions based on applicant’s credentials and SAU admissions criteria.
- Perform an annual review of the Enrollment Management Plan and recommend revisions as needed.
- Recommend, develop and implement policies and procedures that foster and promote student success, and ensure a student-centered environment at all levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enrollment, critical student issues, and theories related to student affairs and enrollment management and retention.
- Experience developing strategic enrollment management and student retention plans.
- Ability to work without constant supervision, make decisions and demonstrate good judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Excellent demonstrated judgment and diplomacy in working with cross-functional teams to address complex issues.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive situations and information with tact, and to act calmly and objectively in both sensitive and crisis situations.
- Strong staff management, organizational, and planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple (often competing) commitments and responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree in student affairs, educational leadership. or a related discipline required, master's degree preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible leadership experience at a college or university.
Walking, bending, squatting, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 OR
Email: Hr@st-aug.edu OR
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.
Apply for Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly