Assistant Vice President for Finance and Controller
Barton College, in Wilson, North Carolina, invites applications and referrals for the AVP for Finance and Controller position in the Administration and Finance Division. The AVP/Controller reports directly to the Vice President for Administration and Finance/CFO and is responsible for the following areas:
- Budget and Finance:
- Actively participating in the formulation of budgets, long-term financial plans, and financial modeling.
- Accounting and Financial Statements:
- Establishing and maintaining a sound system of internal controls and segregation of duties.
- Participating in the creation of accounting records and journal entries during the monthly closing process, as well as drafting GAAP financial statements.
- Preparing and maintain accurate interim and annual financial reports for internal and external constituents of the College.
- Managing accounting for all funds of the College.
- Preparing strategic financial analysis as requested by the CFO and Senior Staff.
- Maintaining the general ledger and provide leadership in improvements in the accounting information systems working with the enterprise resource planning systems.
- Administering control of College property and inventory functions. Maintaining fixed asset records.
- Audit Process:
- Serving along with the CFO, as a primary representative to the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Scheduling and managing annual audits.
- Serving as the Chief Accounting Officer for the College.
- Providing leadership in the division along with the Director of Treasury Services, Director of Human Resources, and CFO.
- Providing active day-to-day supervision of staff in accounting, accounts payable, purchasing, and auxiliary enterprises and contributing to staff professional development.
- Managing business related policies including recommending new policies and revisions to existing policies.
- Overseeing records retention for business related records.
- Performing other College-related duties as may be required by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (required), Master’s degree in business or accounting (preferred).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Three or more years’ supervisory experience and at least 8 years of progressively responsible financial and accounting experience in higher education preferred.
- Excellent communications and management skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP systems for comparable sized or larger institutions.
- Thorough knowledge of the operations, functions, and scope of authority common in business affairs in College or similar organizations.
- Ability to organize, manage, and be highly productive meeting deadlines and to work cooperatively with faculty, staff, and students.
Please submit electronically: a cover letter explaining your interest and how you meet the qualifications of this position, a current resume, and contact information for at least three professional references (all should be MS Word or PDF format) to: Vicky Morris, Director of Human Resources.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled and interviews will begin immediately.
Barton College is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to a diverse faculty, staff, and student body and welcomes all applicants. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
Apply for Assistant Vice President for Finance and Controller
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly