Director for Assessment and Planning - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (101381)
Director for Assessment and Planning
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Student Affairs at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Director for Assessment and Planning. Founded in 1867, the Illinois campus is one of the original 37 public land-grant institutions and is one of the top comprehensive research public universities in the nation. Student Affairs offers comprehensive services, programs and support that includes Student Support and Advocacy, Student Engagement and Success, Auxiliary, Health and Wellbeing Services, and the Office of Inclusion and Intercultural Relations. The successful candidate will be working with talented and diverse staff and student populations.
Reporting to the Senior Executive Director for Administrative Services, the Director for Assessment and Planning will lead the effort to develop, facilitate, and implement division wide assessment plans for student learning outcome and institutional effectiveness. The Director will also facilitate Student Affairs strategic planning to achieve the division's mission and student success.
- Direct and manage assessment initiatives within Student Affairs; provide leadership and coordination in designing and implementing assessment projects relevant to student learning outcomes and effectiveness of programs and services that impact students' success and retention.
- Lead and facilitate Student Affairs' strategic planning process and develop multi-year plans to achieve the division's mission and priorities. Identify matrices for the strategic plan and implement continuous improvement processes.
- Guide the Student Affairs Assessment Council to promote the culture of assessment and provide learning programs for staff to enhance their knowledge of assessment methodologies and techniques.
- Advise Student Affairs units on strategic planning frameworks, tools, processes, and matrices to align with Student Affairs' overall goals. Work closely with units to provide guidance on unit assessment efforts.
- Provide training and learning programs for staff regarding assessment competency; coach staff in the units to build skills related to assessment planning.
- Serve as a liaison to the Provost's Office and other offices on campus, including the Office for the Protection of Research Subjects, on research projects and student learning outcome assessment. Represent Student Affairs on campus committees as assigned.
- Respond to requests for information about Student Affairs assessments, research, and data to outside partners and stakeholders. Coordinate the submission of Student Affairs data to other offices on campus.
- Initiate and conduct research and assessment projects; collect data, analyze, and interpret findings; prepare reports that impact decision-making and policy development.
- Collaborate with Marketing to produce reports, fact sheets, and other materials to disseminate assessment data, as appropriate.
- Review and approve Student Affairs research and assessment projects involving students.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Education, Counseling, or other related fields required; doctoral degree highly preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of assessment and evaluation experience in a higher education institution, showing progressive growth in responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to apply various research methods in co-curricular program evaluation and learning outcome analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the Office for the Protection of Research Subjects, including attending to ethical practices in student affairs assessment and completing the human subjects research review process.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to address emerging trends and issues in higher education while meeting student interests and needs.
- Prior experience in leading organizational strategic planning process.
- Ability to provide direction for a large and complex mix of programs and service operations.
- Proficiency with survey design, data collection techniques and software (such as CampusLabs, SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics).
- Ability to attend to details and ensure accuracy of data and reports.
- Effective interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with a diverse student body, staff, faculty, and public.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analytics skills, with experience with one or more analytics software packages (for example, SPSS, SAS, NVIVO, ATLAS, or others).
- An ease in synthetizing data into productive information, including superior ability to manipulate large, complex text-based data sets into a visual context.
Appointment Status: This is a 12-month, full-time Academic Professional position.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and includes an excellent benefits package.
Proposed Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2018
For full consideration, create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload pdf versions of a cover letter of application, a resume, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by September 25, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, but no hiring decision will be made.
For additional information regarding the application procedures, please contact:
Office of Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
Phone: (217) 333-1300
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Student Affairs
Title: Director for Assessment and Planning - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs (101381)
Open Date: 09/04/2018
Close Date: 09/25/2018
Organization Name: OVCSA-Administration