Assistant Director for Client Services (Administrative Manager 2), UCP 7
Job Title: Assistant Director for Client Services (Administrative Manager 2), UCP 7
Job ID: 2018499
Location: Storrs Campus
The University of Connecticut Student Financial Aid Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced, and self-motivated Assistant Director for Client Services, to perform a wide range of complex and confidential administrative financial aid functions. Duties will include management of departmental customer service and outreach initiatives; oversight of the Client Services unit; development of financial aid programming, outreach and training materials, review current customer service initiatives and implement strategic changes to improve service; evaluate, develop, and interpret policies, procedures, goals and objectives for departmental, institutional, state and federal financial aid programs; serve as a liaison to University community and external subject matter experts; supervision and evaluation of assigned staff; performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or University accredited by a US Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Four years of experience in financial aid administration in a comprehensive university or college environment with a demonstrated progression of managerial responsibility.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and decision-making ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with students, the public, University community and external constituencies.
- Advanced degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge in quality assurance in regards to customer service.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Student Administration System.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
This is a full-time, twelve-month position. Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Qualified applicants should submit electronically via UConn Jobs (www.jobs.uconn.edu), Staff Positions, a letter of application outlining experience relative to each position requirement, a current resume, and contact information for three professional references. Review of applicants will begin immediately. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2018499)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on May 18, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honor students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and instates serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.