Custodian / Laborer (Reg PT) - South Campus
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Custodian / Laborer (Reg PT)
Campus: South Campus
Work hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday; 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm Additional hours,
including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: SEIU A - $15.95
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Slot: 9092
Job Open Date: 8/31/2018
Job Close Date: 9/17/2018
General Summary: Performs general housekeeping, janitorial, grounds keeping and general maintenance duties.
Job Specifications: Must be able to efficiently and properly clean rooms, disposing of trash as necessary.
Education and Experience: High School diploma or GED.
Certifications/Licensures: A valid Pennsylvania driver's license is required for positions that involve driving.
Skill Requirements: Able to read and follow directions printed on cleaning products. Must be able to operate vacuums, rug shampoo machines, lawn mowers, snowplows and related cleaning and gardening equipment. Must be able to make minor repairs, perform routine preventative maintenance, clean equipment and replenish supplies.
Physical Requirements, If Applicable: Involves daily exposure to dirt and grease in both indoor and outdoor settings. Frequently requires physical exertion to reach, bend and stand for long periods of time. Must be able to move, lift, carry and push heavy objects.
1. Performs a variety of duties in the following areas: Housekeeping/janitorial: Sweeps, mops, vacuums, scrubs and waxes floors; machine shampoos carpeting; cleans walls, vents, screens, furniture, drinking fountains and other interior fixtures; washes windows, trash cans and glass doors; cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies. Grounds keeping: Cuts grass, plants, shrubbery, weeds gardens, removes snow and spreads salt as necessary; assists in painting outside surfaces, laying concrete and constructing fences and other fixtures.General Maintenance: Uses various hand tools to perform minor repairs such as replacing belts and brushes on vacuums; hanging bulletin boards, pencil sharpeners and other items; cleaning basins and yard drains. Assists in raising partitions; breaking up concrete, applying primer and removing paint from surface.
2. Sets up and moves furniture, equipment and supplies; empties waste baskets and removes trash; cleans and washes light fixtures and replaces light bulbs.
3. Drives campus vehicles to pick up and deliver supplies and materials; assists in loading and unloading vehicles and moving heavy boxes and supplies.
4. Performs work as directed by housekeeping supervisor or custodial leader.
5. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=298