Associate Director, Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Intelligence & Analytics to plan and implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy for Advancement.
- Manage analytical projects designed to understand key business behaviors that drive donor acquisition, retention, and engagement.
- Manage the DU Advancement data request intake process; analyze incoming requests and assign reporting tasks to members of the BIA team.
- Provide training to members of the BIA team on report development, data standards and processes.
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout Advancement to identify opportunities to use reporting and analytics to guide strategy, track work, and measure outcomes. Serve as a liaison and consistent partner to select groups within Advancement to ensure that their reporting needs are met and that they have guidance and support for analysis when needed.
- Support teams in creating alignment between their reporting and the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan. Align reports and create rollup reports to support transparency and consistency throughout the Advancement team.
- Provide training to new members of the Advancement team, including new members of the leadership team, on the reporting environment, the report and data request process, and on how to access data using available query and reporting tools.
- Use Tableau, Cognos, CRM Advance, SSMS, SSRS, SQL, and Excel to explore data, validate reports, create data visualizations, and supply data and reporting.
- Use SPSS and SPSS modeler to analyze trends, evaluate programming, develop forecasts and predictive models to drive solicitation efforts around donor acquisition and conversions.
- Create documentation including data definitions and meta-data to ensure that both report users and BIA colleagues understand how report fields and parameters are defined and calculated.
- Lead and contribute to business process analyses. Identify opportunities for process improvement and provide leadership in the implementation of identified process improvements.
- Collaborate with University IT to continuously improve data
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to gather, transform, and present data in an organized and meaningful way. Must be able to communicate complex reporting and analysis to non-technical professional staff.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic discussions, connecting the science of research with the art of relationship building.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a team and promote partnership, while also working independently, setting priorities, juggling tasks as needed, and completing projects within specified timeframes amidst a face paced work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative research methods, statistics, business, higher education, or related social science field.
- 5 years experience working with complex data sets, including data collection, preparation, analysis and reporting in a large non-profit organization or higher education setting.
- Use of reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Access, Visual Studio, or Cognos to create and deliver end-user reports, and data visualization.
- Graduate degree in quantitative research methods, statistics, business, higher education, or related social science field.
- Experience providing data, reporting, data visualization, and statistical analysis in a non-profit organization and/or higher education setting.
- SQL programming experience.
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases, particularly Microsoft CRM Dynamics, or Ellucian's CRM Advance.
- Experience using SPSS, SPSS Modeler, R, or other software to deliver statistical analysis and predictive models.
- Experience with process mapping, process analysis, project management, or data mining.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) September 17, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.