Director of Institutional Relations and Enrollment
Are you interested in working for a mission-driven College that provides high-quality study abroad programs as part of a university environment? Are you a dynamic leader with ideas on recruiting diverse populations of students and growing enrollment in a competitive environment? Can you motivate experienced and new staff alike to achieve excellence in all that they do? Do you have a sense of humor and an Everest sized capacity to handle ambiguity? Do you thrive on going the extra mile to achieve amazing results? If so, The College of Global Studies invites you to join our senior team as our new Director of Institutional Relations and Enrollment.
The Director of Institutional Relations and Enrollment will provide leadership by expanding partnerships with U.S. institutions, growing student enrollment for our programs abroad, and enhancing enrollment services for students. You will achieve this by working in tandem with seasoned leaders in Marketing Communications and New Business Development and Innovation. You will use your expertise and creativity to shape the strategic direction of outreach and enrollment services to home schools and students; develop sales and marketing plans; and meet sales and enrollment targets. You will also develop new recruitment strategies and enrollment services to substantially increase access to students from diverse backgrounds and majors and from schools across the entire higher education spectrum.
A full job description may be found here: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/2327/director-of-institutional-relations-and-enrollment/job
The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University (based in Philadelphia, PA), one of the largest campus-based international study programs in the United States, serves about 3,000 students each year from nearly 250 colleges and universities around the country. Named the nation’s #1 university for undergraduate student participation in study abroad by the Institute of International Education’s Open Doors Report for seven years in a row (2010-2016), Arcadia has more than 130 programs in 12 countries around the world.
Arcadia University seeks candidates of diverse cultural backgrounds and abilities. Arcadia University encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. All offers of employment are conditional based on successful completion of a background check.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent administrative and organization skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to resolve issues fairly and quickly
- Superior written and verbal communication skills adaptable to all types of audiences including students, parents, faculty, employees, and industry partners
- Ability to function well in a complex institutional framework, including having a high tolerance for ambiguity and having the flexibility to respond quickly and appropriately to changing circumstances
- Demonstrated understanding of the education abroad market and ability to identify opportunities for growth and change
- Ability to to represent The College with integrity and in the spirit of its mission
- Ability to qualitatively and quantitatively measure success of recruitment and enrollment efforts
- Ability and desire to travel domestically and internationally (up to 10% of time during the semester)
- Strong knowledge of U.S. academic institutions and their culture required
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's preferred
- 6-8 years of sales/recruitment experience in a higher education setting, with a proven ability to meet sales targets
- 5 years of experience with education abroad activities/programs with demonstrated understanding of best practices and trends in the field
- 2-3 years of direct management experience required
- Experience with CRM systems required, Salesforce preferred
Salary: Commensurate with experience
How to apply: Applications must be submitted online through Arcadia's Human Resources portal to receive full consideration. Please do not email application materials to hiring manager.
For additional information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-arcadia.icims.com/jobs/ and submit a cover letter, resume and names and phone numbers of three professional references.
Application Deadline: Application review will begin immediately. Posting will be removed from the website once we've established a sufficient talent pool for consideration.