Assistant Director of Student Activities & Parent Assocation Coordinator
Assistant Director of Student Activities and Parent Association Coordinator
Enrollment and Retention Services
September 2, 2018
November 1, 2018
The Assistant Director of Student Activities and Parent Association Coordinator reports to the Dean of Women/Director of Student Activities to provide support to the Office of Student Activities. The individual will coordinate all campus activities and programs, schedule and secure facilities for student events, supervise student organizations and coordinate the efforts and activities of the Parent Association.
- Develop, plan and implement various student and campus activities providing entertainment, education and enrichment of the student population.
- Plan all student homecoming events.
- Assist and supervise University work-study assistants.
- Serve as co-advisor to the Campus Activities Board.
- Create a variety of signage (flyers, handbills, calendars, etc.) for promotional opportunities sponsored by the Office of Student Activities.
- Monitor and supervise the daily operational and recreational activities of the Student Center.
- Monitor the use and distribution of Student Center equipment. Assist in the creation of the calendar of events for the Center.
- Facilitate various student leadership workshops.
- Coordinate the Parent Association activities to include creating a quarterly newsletter and parent weekend.
Master's degree in student personnel, higher education or an equivalent discipline is preferred and at least two (2) years of experience in Excel and/or Publisher. Successful history of working with students with diverse backgrounds of the college level. Consideration will be given to candidates with a Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years of experience. Knowledge of student development and theory and the practical application of those skills relating to programming and advisement of students. Knowledge of policy development and implementation for Student Center operational tasks.
Position may require lifting, walking and squatting. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298 or
Email: [email protected] or
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.