Assistant Professor of Music (Piano/Choral Accompanist)
Assistant Professor of Music (Choral/Piano Accompanist)
September 1, 2018
October 31, 2018
The Department of Humanities on the beautiful campus of Saint Augustine's University in Raleigh, NC invites qualified candidates to apply for the Assistant Professor of Music position. Individual will advise and teach a wide range of courses in the areas of music history and theory to include piano and piano pedagogy. The position will also serve as the Choral Director.
- Teach interdisciplinary humanities course and accompany the choral ensembles.
- Advise major and minors within the department.
- Assert leadership in student recruitment and develop a strong rapport between department and music educators in the region.
- Develop instructional objectives which promote student creativity.
- Provide evidence of interest in research and publication.
Earned doctorate (DMA or Ph.D) is preferred in piano and experience in theory and theory pedagogy with a background in jazz piano/jazz studies desired.
Experience teaching at the college level and active as a performer (concert performer, faculty recital, accompanist, etc.) Willingness to learn and/or be knowledgeable in various learning platforms. Demonstrate familiarity with Smart classrooms, on-line and hybrid courses.
Walking, sitting, standing, squatting, and lifting a minimum of 25 pounds.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Transcript to:
Saint Augustine’s University
Office of Human Resources
1315 Oakwood Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27610-2298
Notices and Disclaimers
Saint Augustine’s University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We invite applications from individuals of all ethnic origins, disabled persons, and veterans.
No Phone Calls Please.
Apply for Assistant Professor of Music (Piano/Choral Accompanist)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly