Saint Augustine's University has exciting opportunities for an individuals interested in serving as Admissions Counselors. The ideal candidates will participate in all aspects of the Admissions process to include reviewing applications for admissions, interviewing prospective students, leading public presentations, traveling to promote the University and organizing recruitment initiatives both on and off-campus.
- Recruit and enroll freshman and transfer students according to the University policy.
- Review freshman and transfer applications and transcripts and make accurate decisions based on applicant’s credentials relevant to Saint Augustine’s University admission standards.
- Manage walk-in appointments and respond to emails and telephone calls within a 48 hour period.
- Travel over-night, in-state, out-of-state and weekends to perform work.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Candidate should demonstrate, exceptional oral and written communication skills; strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to engage students from diverse backgrounds and possess a high level of organization and energy.
- Exceptional presentation skills; ability to work without constant supervision, make professional decisions, and have good professional judgment according to University policy and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize based on departmental functionality.
- Relevant experience of admissions in an University setting is preferred.
- High level of professional appearance and demeanor and the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to comply with the University motor vehicle policy.