Certified Phlebotomist Technician
8AM - 5PM
$38,649 - $48,045
Under general supervision of the Scientist Specialist CL, this position performs phlebotomy and specimen processing duties, Performs skilled, efficient venous and/or skin punctures on students by following phlebotomy methods established by the Student Health Services lab. Performs test set-up, interpretation, and reporting of CLIA-waived tests. This position has direct involvement in quality assurance studies, greater quality compliance record keeping, and maintaining supplies. This position may include providing clinical resource leadership/training in phlebotomy and/or specimen processing.
Must be State of California, Department of Health Services, Certified Phlebotomy Technician. High school graduation or GED.
Minimum of 4 years laboratory/phlebotomy experience. Perform venous and/or skin punctures on adults.
Computer skills necessary to function in Windows application. Ability to write legible and be attentive to details. Ability to verbalize clearly and understandably when communicating results and issues with patients, providers and staff.
Understanding of lab tests clinical usefulness.
Ability, on a daily basis, to assess overall workload for any area that needs help, and help co-workers without being reassigned by the supervisor.
Ability to use good judgment in deciding when to seek clarification and assistance; be able to multi-task and to prioritize tasks in order of importance.
Ability to have respect for all patients with diverse cultural backgrounds and lifestyles; ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and put patients at ease.
Manual dexterity and visual and auditory acuity to perform the required duties.
Familiarity with Standard (Universal) Precautions, handling of bio hazardous waste.
Ability to work quickly and accurately and to communicate, interact and be cooperative with patients and all personnel in facility.
Working knowledge of quality control principles and recordkeeping.
Working knowledge of culture set-up and specimen preparation.
Working knowledge of lab equipment and supplies.
Familiarity with EMR Software (Point and Click) & IS (Harvest-Orchard).
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview