Systems Analyst II, Security
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-System Office
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-System Office employees are based at one of two System Office locations; The Woodlands and University Park. Both are the site for multiple administrative departments and system-wide training programs.
This position is located at the LSC-System Office at 5000 Research Forest Drive. The Woodlands, Texas 77381.
Focuses on a variety of technical security work and analysis as required for the development of user and systems security requirements. Performs highly complex tasks involving planning, designing, programming, installation and maintenance of the college systems physical security infrastructure; essential applications are components of the Lenel Access Control System, Video Surveillance, and ID card systems. The incumbent will manage the daily operational support of the multi-layered security infrastructure and work to resolve issues directly and/or with vendors and third parties as required. A member of a 24/7/365 global department with travel within the LSCS service area and the availability of on-call scheduling.
Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager; incumbent follows precedents and procedures, and may set priorities and organizes work within general guidelines established by supervisor/manager. As employee masters position, employee selects from existing practices to determine specific methods and carries out work activities independently; management is available to resolve problems or provide guidance as needed.
Not responsible for directly supervising others. May functionally supervise staff as a project leader.
- Implements business analysis and change management as needed to enhance the physical security of college system sites through physical and digital security technologies
- Researches, plans, installs, configures, troubleshoots, maintains and upgrades access security systems within the physical and digital environment.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of technology, security/information policies and procedures, equipment and/or systems within the access security environment.
- Develops and maintains internal cross-functional relationships with users and key security groups to enhance physical and digital security across the college system.
- Identifies complex problems, troubleshoots and provides solutions to assist users.
- Interacts with vendors to resolve problems and stays abreast of new updates.
- Assists users in formulating requirements and advises on alternatives and implications.
- Analyzes, designs and implements plan for new systems or processes.
- Provides recommendations and implementation on optimizing standard processes.
- Works as a team member with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- May assist with coordination of projects.
- May assist with training initiatives and staff development opportunities within the physical and systems security context.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Understanding of Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery Planning.
- Analysis skills, knowledge of business process review functions, and knowledge of process design, and project management.
- Ability to work in cooperation with developers, analysts, managers, and consultants.
- Ability to deal with somewhat complex problems that must be broken down into manageable pieces, and the ability to see relationships between problem components and prioritizes them.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, experience and available resources to find solutions and to participate in development of improvements and help implement change.
- Ability to participate in formal or informal group problem solving for immediate issues and to collaborate with team and shares relevant information with those who may be affected by decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to convey technical or complex information to others in non- technical terms.
- Ability to recognize immediate obstacles to completing work and initiate action to address a need without being directed.
- Demonstrated ability to know and follow standard operating procedures and define departmental metrics.
Work duties have impact that affects system-wide security, services, and support.
Work often requires multiple interactions with customers over time and work is of a sensitive and often confidential nature.
- Minimal physical effort is required.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid related certification with Mercury based system in at least one of the following: LENEL, S2 Enterprise, S2 Global, Honeywell Pro Watch, Schlage SMS access control Systems.
- Must have 3-4 years of experience in physical security system analysis and design; system integration and systems development and life-cycle management in supporting and managing physical security access control systems.
- 3-4 years of experience in Mercury based systems such as noted above.
- In addition to systems analyst experience, must also have experience with information security and risk management, telecommunications and network security, environmental security, security architecture and design, cryptography and operations security.
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
Work Locations: 5000 Research Forest Drive (0000) , 5000 Research Forrest Drive , Houston , 77381
Job: Office of Technology Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Aug 30, 2018, 6:05:51 PM