Chief of Staff
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the SCC President.
- Direct and monitor special projects and programs as initiated by the President.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Office of the President.
- Work closely with staff and reviews President's schedule to ensure President attends and participates in staff, faculty, student, alumni and other college events pertinent to the President.
- Plan and coordinate special events and functions of the Office of the President.
- Manage office communications, work with the college communications staff on message strategies and consistency, and prepare and coordinate special correspondence for the President.
- Represent the President to various constituencies, both internal and external to the College.
- Manage the Presidents priorities to maximize her relationships with the Board, donors, alumni, students, and other key groups and individuals.
- Research and develop talking points for the President on issues related to College policy, process, and practice.
- Handle inquiries, questions, concerns, and requests on behalf of the President. Solve problems, mediate disputes, and work proactively with College personnel.
- Serve as a key member of the President's cabinet and senior leadership of the College.
- Support and assist the President in carrying out the mission of the College.
- Updates and keeps the President abreast on issues, news and concerns.
- Develop effective diversity and inclusion initiatives for students, faculty, and staff; excellent interpersonal and communications skills and abilities to inspire and influence others
- Continuously improve campus efforts to increase diversity and inclusion in recruitment, hiring and decision-making for campus leadership, faculty and staff through cooperative work with appropriate department heads.
- Monitor and maintain all social media and President’s direct email.
Master’s Degree in Education Administration, English, Business or related field with successful administrative experience.
Successful upper-level administrative experience in a community college setting.
www.shawneecc.edu for application and other career openings.
Apply for Chief of Staff
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly