Job Summary/Basic Function: JOB SUMMARY
This position is responsible for oversight of the student registration process and for maintaining student records.
• Manages and supervises the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office.
• Supervises staff in the completion of duties and responsibilities; trains staff; prepares performance evaluations.
• Prepares the student information system for recurring processes by term; processes course registration, enrollment and grade information; maintains the student information system by reviewing and testing periodic upgrades.
• Evaluates and maintains student records.
• Assists students, faculty, staff, and external agencies with the resolution of problems and the interpretation and application of policies.
• Prepares and submits data on students and educational activities to governmental and educational agencies.
• Represents the Registrar’s Office on campus committees, through ad hoc assignments, and at meetings and events.
• Serves as institutional liaison to the University System of Georgia and other agencies as assigned.
• Plans and implements policies, initiatives and services.
• Ensures compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
• Ensures appropriate operation and maintenance of the degree audit system.
• Certifies candidates for degrees.
• Ensures appropriate transfer of college credit and maintenance of the transfer articulation system.
• Coordinates the student records management program.
• Manages the departmental budget.
• Provides support services that meet the current and emerging needs of students taking classes at all locations.
• Manages curricular changes and implementation of new academic programs through APC and DegreeWorks maintenance.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Starting salary for this position is $63,892.06.
Minimum Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a master’s degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the diverse objectives and functions of the subunits in the division/department in order to direct and coordinate work within the division/department, usually interpreted to require three to five years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of student records management principles.
• Knowledge of college registration processes.
• Knowledge of academic grading and transcripts.
• Knowledge of data analysis and reporting.
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
• Skill in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
• Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in oral and written communication.