Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
Posting DetailsPosition Information Position Title Tenure Track Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science Posting Number Fac00362 Employment Type Full-Time Benefits Available Yes Position Summary Information Nature of Work
The School of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science. Appointment is within the department of Mathematics. Pending budget approval, this appointment is expected to begin January 1, 2019. This is an academic year (10 month) appointment.Essential Duties
Job duties include teaching an average of 12 credit hours of coursework each semester in lower and upper level courses in computer science (including analytics and scientific computing) and mathematics; assisting in the maintenance and oversight of departmental programs in Analytics, Computer Science, and Scientific Computing; participation in departmental and college committees; teaching both day and evening classes at the Brunswick campus or the Camden center location as needed; and engaging in professional development and scholarship activities in the area of computer science, mathematics, analytics, and/or scientific computing.Minimum Qualifications and Training
• A doctoral degree in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, or a closely related field from a regionally accredited institution at the time of hire
• At least 18 graduate semester credit hours in mathematics and at least 18 graduate semester credit hours in computer science with the ability to teach undergraduate courses in computer science, mathematics, analytics, and scientific computing.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle history report.
• Experience teaching computer programming at the post-secondary level.
• Experience with academic advising.
• Mentoring, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduPosting Detail Information Open Date 07/17/2018 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn of this job opening?
- Brunswick News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Coastal CareerLink
- College of Coastal Georgia website (www.ccga.edu)
- Current/Former College Employee
- Personal Referral
- University System Applicant Clearinghouse
- Georgia Department of Labor
- * Are you currently employed by this College? If yes, enter the department name. If no, enter "No".
(Open Ended Question)
- * What will your highest level of education be as of the anticipated start date?
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Doctoral Degree
- * Do you possess a current driver's license?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Transcripts 1
- Transcripts 2
- Other Documents
- Other Documents 1
- Other Documents 2