Associate Driector of Network Recruitment & Retention
The Associate Director of Network Recruitment & Retention is responsible for organizing the processes for recruiting, supporting, and retaining Achieving the Dream (ATD) colleges. Responsibilities include providing project planning and implementation support for all initiatives, managing online software portals, and managing various application processes. Additional responsibilities include building and maintaining relationships with current and prospective Colleges, developing strategic messaging, mining information for key data and trends, writing reports, and representing ATD at events. The incumbent will be a part of the Network Engagement team and works collaboratively with the entire ATD staff to ensure delivery of high quality services to ATD colleges.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Network Recruitment (30%)
- Lead the year-round recruitment process for attracting new colleges into the Achieving the Dream Network, including coordinating marketing campaigns.
- Manage the ATD Network application process and outreach efforts to colleges interested in applying.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with prospective colleges.
- Maintain an effective database for tracking all interactions with colleges and new prospects in Salesforce and provide reports as requested.
- Coordinate the process to develop a long-term recruitment strategy.
- Collaborate with the communications team to develop recruitment documents.
- Organize learning opportunities for prospective ATD colleges at DREAM, ATD’s annual convening on student success.
- Oversee (and staff) the ATD booth at various events, ensuring that ATD publications utilized at the booth are current.
Network Retention (30%)
- Manage the Network college retention efforts, including developing a system to manage an early alert process and an exit process for Network colleges.
- Develop reports to assist in tracking the status of colleges and the services selected.
- Develop strategies to re-engage colleges that have ended their relationship with ATD.
- Work with Network Engagement Team to develop strategies to foster peer to to peer learning amongst colleges and to create strategies to develop a Network experience for ATD colleges.
New College Experience (30%)
- Coordinate the first-year experience for orienting and supporting new colleges in the ATD Network including the virtual learning community and webinar series.
- Support the VP of Network Engagement in planning of the annual new college orientation event, the Kickoff Institute.
- Coordinate all materials and all logistical needs for the Kick Off Institute, such as creating Kick Off Binder, inviting and coordinating travel for speakers, working with the Events Team to ensure hotel logistics are coordinated.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with new ATD colleges.
- Organize learning opportunities for new ATD colleges at ATD’s DREAM institute.
- Coordinate the reporting and feedback processes for new ATD colleges.
Other Responsibilities (10%)
- Support the development and implementation of ATD’s DREAM annual convening.
- Support review of annual reports and Leader College Applications.
- Perform various research assignments and assist with grant writing and concept development as required.
- Support the overall strategic mission and marketing of ATD.
- Create various reports on the Network as requested.
- Minimum five years of related work experience required, preferably in project management, management of memberships, higher education, institutional research, information technology, or research and analysis.
- Master’s degree, preferably in field related to higher education, public policy or social science. institutional research, information technology, project management, or research and analysis.
- Experience working on multiple projects and initiatives with the ability to prioritize based on changing demands; must be very detail-oriented and organized; able to monitor and execute multiple projects at once.
- Experience working in or with community colleges helpful, but not required.
- Strong, demonstrated project management experience; experience creating goals and action plans with measurable outcomes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional demeanor with ability to manage work processes effectively and efficiently, and ability to manage stakeholder expectations by clarifying assumptions at the onset of and during a project.
- Excellent self-motivation, attention to detail, and organization skills.
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with proven ability to also contribute to the enhancement of the network management strategy.
- Critical thinking, project management, and exceptional written and verbal communication experience is required
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituencies including technical, professional, and executive audiences, with ability to communicate crucial information up, down and across.
- Ability to work productively in both team and independent settings; demonstrated experience in building strong and trusting relationships among colleagues, external partners, and others to achieve buy-in and shared understanding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher), required; ability to learn new technology products quickly and knowledge of Salesforce, Qualtrics, Google apps, and Learning Management Systems helpful.
Disciplined Execution: Demonstrated ability to manage work processes effectively and efficiently in order to deliver high-volume, high-quality work.
Effective Communication: Ability to actively listen and thoughtfully question in order to create greater understanding and offer insights that advance problem-solving.
Emotional Intelligence: Demonstrates self-awareness and self-regulation and recognizes impact of personal behavior on others.
Level of Travel Required: Moderate
August 21, 2018
Achieving the Dream, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.