Manager, Grant Accounting and Compliance
Manager, Grant Accounting and Compliance
Finance, Rose Hill
Fordham University has an excellent reputation as a dynamic institution in the cultural heart of New York City. Founded in 1841, Fordham enrolls more than 15,100 undergraduate and graduate students in its 10 Colleges and Schools.
Fordham University’s Finance Department seeks a Manager, Grant Accounting and Compliance to evaluate post-award grant processes and systems, and lead initiatives where re-engineering is relevant to the establishment of best practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate post-award grant processes and systems, and lead initiatives where re-engineering is relevant to the establishment of best practices
- Develop and maintain fiscal post-award grants policy and procedures
- Serve as expert on Uniform Guidance and other regulatory rules, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Apply expert knowledge and interpretation of regulatory provisions to all facets of fiscal post-award grant administration, ensuring university compliance
- Promote and maintain excellent relationships with faculty, administrative staff, and Office of Sponsored Programs, including providing outstanding and efficient customer service
- Maintain, and monitor analytic reports that evaluate the university’s total grant portfolio and cash-flows, including the development of a monitoring and reporting process to facilitate completion of grants by their period-end dates and other improvements
- Perform meaningful pre-award review of grant proposals, engaging with Office of Sponsored Programs, identifying potential red flags or compliance circumstances prior to university commitment
- Monitor regularly and consistently all university grant activity (i.e. reviewing expenditures and cost-transfers for allowability, allocability, reasonableness), mandatory cost-share or matching requirements, and other compliance or regulatory requirements
- Manage and perform tasks including grant budget setup provisions, the initiation, preparations and delivery of all grant fiscal reports (interim and final) and invoices/drawdowns, equipment inventory counts, sub recipient monitoring review procedures, and other various tasks
- Respond to external and internal audit requests, including preparing the annual Schedule of Federal Awards and university fiscal year audit requests, ensuring that comprehensive and well-organized documentation is readily available to support all requests
- Design and deliver training, guidance and communications to Principal Investigators and fiscal administrators, regarding best practices, university policy and procedures, funding agency rules and regulations, and other fiscal post award activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA and/or public accounting experience preferred
- A self-motivated individual who can work independently and solve problems
- Quantitative financial analysis skills, developing data queries, data warehouse extractions, etc.
- Must include extensive knowledge and 5 years related experience with grants, specifically the Uniform Guidance, grant accounting, and all other facets of post-award fiscal grant administration
- Experience with financial systems, Banner, TM1, Blackboard Analytics and Hyland desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent MS Office, particularly Excel skills
- Ability to manage personal, projects, adapt, be receptive to new ideas and able to work overtime when necessary
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, organizational, planning, data management, and time management skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education
SALARY: Commensurate with Experience
START DATE: ASAP
Send Cover Letter and CV to:
Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 15,100 students in its four undergraduate colleges and its six graduate and professional schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre at Heythrop College in the United Kingdom.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Apply for Manager, Grant Accounting and Compliance
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly